Comic Relief 2017

How was it? Does anyone know where a non-UK person can watch any of it?
I saw that Vic and Bob and Matt Berry did something for it, which I'd like to see, among other things, but I'm not sure where to look.

Saw most of it, as with most years some good some bad. I really liked the Love Actually sketch (but then, for my sins, I'm a sucker for the saccharine, soppy rom com world of Richard Curtis). Graham Norton was good value as ever, and everybody were good sports about what they had to do (Greg Davies in particular...)

I can only imagine what Greg Davies did. He's a glutton for bizarre punishment. The abuse he took on Rhod Gilbert's weird panel show Ask Rhod Gilbert long ago, as well as on Man Down more recently greatly amuses me. Who else willingly writes a script in which their own nipple gets bitten off by a horse?

Greg sat in a hot tub on top of the O2 arena to interview people - madness! Started off wearing all his clothes - he must have been frozen!

Vic and Bob interviewed Susanna Reid off the rival ITV breakfast television (brave girl) and got an eyeful when Vic, wearing a "kilt" of sorts let his "rather large manhood" come into full view, much to her embarrassment.

Is it/was it not on BBC America? If not what do they have on that?

There's quite a bit on here:-

https://www.youtube.com/user/rednoseday

I believe in the US it gets aired in May?

What, on BCC America or something? I'll have to look into that.

What did Matt Berry do? Was it Toast related? I really hope there's going to be more Toast of London.

I think Vic pulled a similar kilt stunt in 'Bang Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer' in one of the Donald and Davey Stott interviews segments. Were they doing a Stott thing? That's the only reason I can imagine him wearing a kilt. Actually, strike that...I can imagine him wearing a kilt for any number of absurd reasons.

Thanks for the link Herc! I like the hecklers anonymous one.

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 26th March 2017, 4:21 AM

What did Matt Berry do? Was it Toast related? I really hope there's going to be more Toast of London.

I think Vic pulled a similar kilt stunt in 'Bang Bang! It's Reeves and Mortimer' in one of the Donald and Davey Stott interviews segments. Were they doing a Stott thing? That's the only reason I can imagine him wearing a kilt. Actually, strike that...I can imagine him wearing a kilt for any number of absurd reasons.

Thanks for the link Herc! I like the hecklers anonymous one.

Er, not a fan of Matt Berry so not sure what Toast is - perhaps someone else might know. Whatever, I didn't find it that funny.

Yes, the Stotts for Vic and Bob.

And yes liked the hecklers one too, especially Frankie Boyle.

So just what do they show on BBC America?

Watched the Jonathan Ross/Noel Fielding prog. on the Red Nose music vids. - that was enjoyable. There was some really funny stuff there.

Rowan Atkinson/Kate Bush duet for one.

JR was enthusing about the good job Coldplay did on the Game of Thrones musical, so it was interesting to see Noel's reaction as he has on a number of occasions made it quite clear his hatred of Coldplay. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 26th March 2017, 4:21 AM

Yes it was Toast

https://youtu.be/WVURllqQhes

Quote: ManicKangaroo @ 26th March 2017, 5:03 PM

Yes it was Toast

https://youtu.be/WVURllqQhes

Ah, thanks for that!

What? Comic Relief is Toast? It should be!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th March 2017, 8:08 AM

Er, not a fan of Matt Berry so not sure what Toast is - perhaps someone else might know. Whatever, I didn't find it that funny.

Yes, the Stotts for Vic and Bob.

And yes liked the hecklers one too, especially Frankie Boyle.

So just what do they show on BBC America?

No idea what they show on BBC America, honestly. Probably lots of Sherlock, Dr. Who, Top Gear, and Doc Martin, that kind of thing. I don't actually know though. I don't watch much "normal" telly. It's all internet (legal purchases when possible) and DVDs for me.

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 31st March 2017, 8:49 AM

No idea what they show on BBC America, honestly. Probably lots of Sherlock, Dr. Who, Top Gear, and Doc Martin, that kind of thing. I don't actually know though. I don't watch much "normal" telly. It's all internet (legal purchases when possible) and DVDs for me.

Oh :S..................so what do you watch Inside No 9 on?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st March 2017, 9:28 AM

Oh :S..................so what do you watch Inside No 9 on?

As it airs, on BBC2 (through legally dubious internetty means). And then streamed afterward by other possibly legally dubious means. (But I bought the DVDs! What else is an American to do?) S1 is on Britbox legally, but not the new series, and I couldn't not watch that as it aired.

'Scuse me Ma'am, would come down to our office..........................