The Don't RIP Thread!

Martin McGuiness has died! Oh dear.

Martin McGuiness RIH

(Rot In Hell)

Bastard

What they said.

All the eulogies for this killer.Every day I get more convinced that the world has gone mad.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 22nd March 2017, 11:38 PM

All the eulogies for this killer.Every day I get more convinced that the world has gone mad.

Yup.

The eulogies are because he turned himself around. We all make mistakes. His were more gigantic than usual. But Northern Ireland is now safer - for the moment.

Two days, two terrorists dead.

But he was one of them that was making it unsafe.(And the rest of the UK.)

Quote: wigwam willy @ 23rd March 2017, 12:04 AM

But he was one of them that was making it unsafe.(And the rest of the UK.)

I'm not a Christian but the way Catholics were treated was abominable. Second class citizens. No wonder they finally rose up. The terrorism was bad but I understand how they were provoked.

Quote: Aaron @ 23rd March 2017, 12:03 AM

Two days, two terrorists dead.

One was fighting to get back control of his country from an invading foreign army, the other was trying to kill as many people as he could as an offering to a deity that doesn't exist. Not that similar.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd March 2017, 12:39 AM

One was fighting to get back control of his country from an invading foreign army

During McGuinness's lifetime at very least, the British Army stationed in Northern Ireland were not invading any more than the ordinary unionist members of the public were.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd March 2017, 12:39 AM

the other was trying to kill as many people as he could as an offering to a deity that doesn't exist. Not that similar.

As opposed to the followers of one non existent deity killing followers of the same non existent deity?

Well, you don't invade after you've occupied, no.

Martin McGuiness went on a journey most of us won't even come close to appreciating, let alone experiencing. It's easy to dismiss him as a murderer or a fanatic or an ideologue. He was all of those things. As well as a peace maker. Have no doubt about that. The IRA decommissioned because of McGuiness.

Hello by the way!

Quote: playfull @ 23rd March 2017, 12:57 AM

As opposed to the followers of one non existent deity killing followers of the same non existent deity?

Before you attempt to take the moral high ground consider that your avatar is a bullet being fired from a gun.

Yes, this forum has missed me, by Christ.

Is it too soon to enquire about the health of Gerry Adams?