BCG user survey

Hi everyone,

We'd love to hear your thoughts on a new service we're going to launch soon called BCG+. Lots of features and a chance to support the site so we can invest in more content and features in future.

A survey is now available to complete:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/survey

We'd really appreciate any and all feedback!

All responses to the survey will be anonymous. If you'd like to leave any additional feedback in person, please do so below or - privately - by private message to me.

Thank you!

'Tis done.

Did it. Mine's probably not going to be anonymous at all...with the rambling nonsense and references to being in the US. That's fine though.

How far back into the past would the 50,000 press articles (or whatever number it said) go back? Would there be any things like old promo photos or flyers from people's/groups' early shows? Or old reviews of things from pre-internet times, like out of old newspapers? That might be fun to see, if there's a way to track that stuff down and archive it.

The only thing I'd change would be having the option to have receive one big weekly newsletter instead of getting daily ones. Daily might be a bit much.

As long as the price is right, I'm all in for BCG+.

Also, with the extra press articles thing it would be really nice to have an option to search for things by year, or be able to pick a range of years.

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 11th March 2017, 7:35 PM

Did it. Mine's probably not going to be anonymous at all...with the rambling nonsense and references to being in the US. That's fine though.

How far back into the past would the 50,000 press articles (or whatever number it said) go back? Would there be any things like old promo photos or flyers from people's/groups' early shows? Or old reviews of things from pre-internet times, like out of old newspapers? That might be fun to see, if there's a way to track that stuff down and archive it.

The only thing I'd change would be having the option to have receive one big weekly newsletter instead of getting daily ones. Daily might be a bit much.

As long as the price is right, I'm all in for BCG+.

Also, with the extra press articles thing it would be really nice to have an option to search for things by year, or be able to pick a range of years.

Thanks for the feedback, and your thoughts.

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 11th March 2017, 7:35 PM

How far back into the past would the 50,000 press articles (or whatever number it said) go back?

Initially for as long as we've been collecting them (10 years maybe, something like that), but in time we'd hope to expand further. That, however, requires investment...

Have you tried improving Coca Cola instead, Aaron?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th March 2017, 8:59 AM

Oh I see, up for that vacant moderators job are we? Whistling nnocently

If you need a vacant moderator, I'm your man!

Done.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th March 2017, 8:59 AM

It is already beyond perfection.

To answer a few questions that have come up from the responses so far:

There'll be a separate BCG Pro subscription for those aspiring to work, or already working, in the comedy industry. This will include lots of additional content in our Make It section, new opportunities, tips, articles from professionals, and more besides. BCG+ is aimed a little more at the hardcore fan.

All existing content and continuous new content in the same vein - from feature articles to interviews - will be published: the BCG+ and BCG Pro subscriptions will give access to brand new things on top of what we already have and do. The forums and everything else you see today will stay free.

Anyone, anywhere, will be able to subscribe.

We hope to continue rolling out new perks and features continuously and have some other plans under-way, but are asking just about those features listed for the moment.

Thanks all! :)

Done.
Interested to see how plans for Pro section work out.