Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule - Series 1 Page 2

Quote: tonecapone @ 10th March 2017, 8:04 PM

jesus wept this is so silly and purile.yet its so funny, both shows so far have been amazing even by itv regular low standards.i nearly wet myself when that bloke slipped and headbutted that egg. harry was fading away but he is back on form with this show. anyone remember his sketch show called the harry hill show from 1997.it did not live up to the hype of this then short stand up sets.very rarely does this happen with stand ups that go mainstream,let alone that a while ago i would have not wanted to admit it but harry is still very funny without changing his act one bit.going 20 years on tv with your own shows and still being on top of your game is something else. thats enough praise for now. i will never look at the round market in coventry in the same way again. oh how colourfull the midlands is.

It's like James Joyce and e.e.cummings had a lovechild.

Quote: Lazzard @ 11th March 2017, 10:58 AM

It's like James Joyce and e.e.cummings had a lovechild.

I got your number pal. I was born in the Midlands and do go to Coventry a few times a year, so I was not dissing the place. I just think this show is very funny compared to some off the cack that Harry has done in the past few years. Anything that stars thrush jokes and Lorraine Kelly before 9pm just got me going.

It's the best thing on TV so far this year. That last series of Not Going Out was awful. Lee Mack and his once great sitcom has lost it bigtime. Stouffer the cat will be back on soon with Harry, for those who remember him.

He almost makes "You've been framed" watchable - almost!

Quote: tonecapone @ 11th March 2017, 12:22 PM

i got your number pal. i was born in the midlands and do go to coventry a few times a year,so i was not dissing the place. i just think this show is very funny compaired to some off the cack that harry has done in the past few years. anything that stars thrush jokes and lorraine kelly before 9pm just got me going. its the best thing on tv so far this year.that last series of not going out was awful. lee mack and his once great sitcom has lost it bigtime . stouffer the cat will be back on soon with harry , for those who remember him.

We may be a bit nerdy here but we do like proper punctuation; and CAPITAL LETTERS!

Quote: Chappers @ 12th March 2017, 8:27 PM

We may be a bit nerdy here but we do like proper punctuation; and CAPITAL LETTERS!

Life's too short. My lazy writing aside do you like or have any constructive views on the new Harry Hill show? I just think it is a strong comeback for him.

Rules is rules, and if we did not have any rules then where would we be - France !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: tonecapone @ 15th March 2017, 12:07 AM

Rules is rules, and if we did not have any rules then where would we be - France !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I have been mostly been a loyal Harry Hill fan after seeing him on Saturday Live in 1996, when Lee Hurst was the presenter. The year after [z]Channel 4] gave him his first full show. It did not live up to the hype, just a mix of stand-up and sketches always ending with the badger parade in every single show. But after a few career ups and downs Harry is still very funny without changing his act one bit. The fact that he is now mainstream on ITV before 9pm with his latest show, while staying as funny as he always has been, does show some real magic of him outlasting many others that have come and gone in the past 20 years. When I was about 9 years old me and my cousin used to giggle like mad at Bobby Davro on his ITV show. A painful memory to say the least.

Quote: tonecapone @ 15th March 2017, 12:53 AM

I have been mostly been a loyal harry hill fan after seeing him on saturday live in 1996,when lee hurst was the presenter.The year after channel 4 gave him his 1st full show.It did not live up to the hype,just a mix of stand-up and sketches always ending with the badger parade every single show.But after a few career ups and downs harry is still very funny without changing his act one bit.The fact that he is now mainstream on itv before 9pm with his latest show,while staying as funny as he always been does show some real magic of him outlasting many others that have come and gone in the past 20 years. When i was about 9 years old me and my cousin used to giggle like mad at bobby davro on his itv show.A painful memory to say the least.

I became a fan after watching those appearances on Saturday Live too, but personally I would say that his Channel 4 show was genius. How can anyone not love the Albino Black and White Minstrels?
;)

I can kind of understand the comment about not changing his act in terms of stand up, but in some respects I would say that he has actually experimented and gambled a lot more than most comedians. There have been comedy CDs, kids books, the movie, acting as Professor Branestawm etc. as well as the numerous TV shows. Certainly not everything has worked, but I agree that he has done well to stay at the top for so long. Especially considering that his first ITV sketch show died a death.

Another good 'un. Not as funny as the first one but well worth the half hour or so.

Would work anyway as Harry Hill can do no wrong, but particularly works now as the anti-Nightly Show. So silly it's funny even when it's not really, and you can't go wrong with a pointless format if it's fast paced and takes the mickey out of itself.

Love it . . . and Saturday Nights are so dire now (Ant & Dec's show has turned into a hysterical parody of itself, and the less I say about singing competition shows, the better) that he along with the likes of Mel and Sue should have some sort of top billing then as they are still fresh whereas the current formats and hosts are so tired and done to death.

Long live Stouffer.

Cool

Never liked Harry Hill's stand up, never really liked TV Burp that much so wasn't expecting much from this... and really liked it, it's now a guilty pleasure.

Watching the third episode now on Catch Up.

Brilliant! I loved it. Mel is brilliant in such an understated way. Judith really got into the spirit of it. I've never heard of the dark haired girl and Eamonn Holmes - whilst trying to appear to understand what's going on - is still a bit of a twat.

She is a feminist comedian, Chappers, so no wonder. Bridget Christie? Not heard of A Bic For Her show?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 24th March 2017, 12:45 PM

She is a feminist comedian, Chappers, so no wonder. Bridget Christie? Not heard of A Bic For Her show?

Feminist comedian? Isn't that a contradiction?

(Runs and hides!)