Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule - Series 1

Is it a panel show? As it's rehearsed as any other on TV I think it qualifies.

Whatever, although I like Harry I was unsure whether this would work, but I have to say I found it very funny. There was a panel of two teams, few questions - more like Harry doing mini roasts of each panellist but it worked I think.

This was very funny. More Harry Hill gold.

It did seem like a TV version of ISIHAC, but was none the worse for that. Here is a link to Bob Blackman, the Mule Train tray guy. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1447131/

Loved it.

Harry Hill is very hit and miss for me. Loved his stand up and TV Burp, can't get into the really surreal stuff though, and as for the film... Pleasingly, this was a nice mix of everything that is good about Harry Hill daftness and silliness to the extreme, but seeing how much fun everyone seemed to be having was lovely, looking forward to the rest.

I remember Mule Train from the 1970s.

Yes I too loved it but I love (nearly) everything Harry Hill does. Even his narration makes "You've been framed" almost funny (although I don't go out of my way to watch it!).

Loved the little alien in the box - very funny.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th March 2017, 8:36 PM

I remember Mule Train from the 1970s.

He was discovered by William Donaldson of Henry Root fame and stuck in a show with similar novelty acts. His short IMDb biography seems to show his career didn't take off that well, for some strange reason...

Another laugh a minute, especially his not wanting to offend the Scottish and the "what happens next" video was hilarious.

I enjoy this.
Love all his TV work - even the silly cooking show.
Yet he made one of the worst comedy films in living memory.
As did Eric & Ernie, mind you.

Yes, I'd forgotten about the film, it was very bad.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th March 2017, 9:40 AM

Based on a play wot they wrote?

Sadly, no.
Based on a somewhat shit screenplay by Dick Hills & Sid Green - whoever the f**k they were.

I'm surprised what a terrible singing voice Lorraine Kelly has. Sorry Lorraine because I love you really.

Quote: Lazzard @ 10th March 2017, 9:40 AM

Could this be because his comedy is abstract and doesn't hang off a plot ? So when stretched out to 90 minutes it falls apart. I don't think Morecambe and Wise ever needed much of a plot either. Both are excellent in bite sized chunks though.