More Newsjack rejects

I've just listened to the episode. Some pretty good stuff this week. I really feel that one or two of these could have fit in the show, but for whatever reason, they didn't like 'em. Oh well I'm gonna keep writing them anyway and sharpen up for next series.

BREAKING NEWS:

1. Confusion in America as top prize mistakenly given to Team La La Land instead of actual winner, Hillary Clinton.

2. Jeremy Hunt accused of "cover up" after more than 700,000 patient records left under a blanket in a corridor and forgotten about.

3. (Was an obvious joke a 6-year-old could have made)

NUMBER CRUNCHING:

1. 1,700 - Number of Tesco managers to be replaced by more "shop-floor" staff.
1,700 - Number of unexpected baggers in the item area.

2. 119 - Carats of diamond jewellery Nicole Kidman wore to the Oscars.
0 - Number of fingers that make contact when she claps.

3. (Was a rubbish non-joke)

Not that I'm an expert, but the one about not clapping is the best one. The La La one was probably an overly competitive subject to pick. Feel free to give your views on mine: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/33585/#P1170404 :)

Thanks for your thoughts Firkin. The Nicole Kidman one was also my favourire of the bunch. And there were no other references to her in the episode so I'm gutted they didn't include it.

Humour is such an individual thing. I found the doctor one funniest. I think they get a lot of one liners that work and could be broadcast. It doesn't mean that they are not good enough. I think some one liners in the show can be not as funny as some of the rejected ones.

Quote: Firkin @ 3rd March 2017, 1:57 PM

Not that I'm an expert, but the one about not clapping is the best one. The La La one was probably an overly competitive subject to pick. Feel free to give your views on mine: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/33585/#P1170404Good luck for September.

[quote name="Stobbart42" post="1170416" date="3rd March 2017, 12:01 AM"]I've just listened to the episode. Some pretty good stuff this week. I really feel that one or two of these could have fit in the show, but for whatever reason, they didn't like 'em. Oh well I'm gonna keep writing them anyway and sharpen up for next series.

BREAKING NEWS:

1. Confusion in America as top prize mistakenly given to Team La La Land instead of actual winner, Hillary Clinton.

2. Jeremy Hunt accused of "cover up" after more than 700,000 patient records left under a blanket in a corridor and forgotten about.

3. (Was an obvious joke a 6-year-old could have made)

NUMBER CRUNCHING:

1. 1,700 - Number of Tesco managers to be replaced by more "shop-floor" staff.
1,700 - Number of unexpected baggers in the item area.

2. 119 - Carats of diamond jewellery Nicole Kidman wore to the Oscars.
0 - Number of fingers that make contact when she claps.

3. (Was a rubbish non-joke)

Good luck next series.

In agreement that the Kidman joke was best, but maybe they thought it was too personally mean.

I also thought the BN#1 confused the issue of Oscar win/election win too much, and might benefit from an extra signpost.

(But I failed, too, so what do I know!)