It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Page 3

Quote: MTpromises @ September 22 2010, 9:39 PM BST

So the first episode of series 6 was ok... Frank and Charlie working on each other's back pain and the alley almonds were classic. Not to mention Dee's dry heaving made me feel a little sick watching it. Mac and Dennis' story lines were both a little dull; I think they'd done better showing highlights from the briefly mentioned Lethal Weapon 5.

Am I alone being a little distracted and turned off by all the Coors advertisements all over the bar this season? I mean in season 1 Charlie is huffing glue and now they are shilling for Coors.

Quote: deckard @ September 29 2010, 12:25 AM BST

Am I alone being a little distracted and turned off by all the Coors advertisements all over the bar this season? I mean in season 1 Charlie is huffing glue and now they are shilling for Coors.

I'd rather have product placement than ad breaks; and that very may be the future of sitcoms with more and more alternative, commercial free/lite sources of television becoming available.

Quote: MTpromises @ September 30 2010, 7:38 PM BST

I'd rather have product placement than ad breaks; and that very may be the future of sitcoms with more and more alternative, commercial free/lite sources of television becoming available.

You say that now, but product placement will become distracting. If it is done tactfully and realistically, fine. But when the marketing firms realize that there is money to be made it could get a little intrusive. I'm reminded of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIo61VyRyRo&feature=related

Or it could be genius like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aniS3HaLwEY

I've just reached the end of series 4; 'The Nightman Cometh' is officially my favourite episode.

Frank:
Gotta pay the troll toll to get into this boy's hole.

Charlie: Stop, stop, stop. I feel like you're saying "boy's hole." And it's clearly "soul."

Frank:
You want this baby boy's hole, you gotta pay the troll toll.

Too funny. Laughing out loud

Next week's episode is Lethal Weapon 5!

The first season of this has finally crept out on DVD. Well worth checking out if you like shows like Curb or South Park.

For some reason it took me a while to check this show out. Don't know why that is, just bought the first season a few weeks ago. I'm liking this, very much like Curb though.

Got round to watching this at last. I'm four seasons in now and loving it. The writing is absolutely phenomenal and the quality is showing no sign of letting up (which is just as well as season 7 just started in the States and they're commissioned up to 13!)

I seem to remember there was an episode where they all got hooked on crack and another where they all turned into antisemites.

About the wrongest, funniest sitcom around. And shows how 90% of comedy is for milquetoasts.

Quote: sootyj @ September 16 2011, 10:17 AM BST

I seem to remember there was an episode where they all got hooked on crack and another where they all turned into antisemites.

About the wrongest, funniest sitcom around. And shows how 90% of comedy is for milquetoasts.

Yeah, the one where they get on crack so they can claim welfare is a real winner. They really do take their premises to the limit - the one I just saw has two of them become hooked on human meat and pay a visit to the morgue with a hotplate to feed "the hunger". Meanwhile the other two have decided to hunt "the most dangerous game" and set a crippled homeless guy loose on the streets so they can track him down and put their balls in his mouth. I have a renewed respect for Coors for wanting their product associated with all this.

Those 2 sound unbelievably funny and I bet they're actually that funny.

It's also great to see a great comedic actor like Danny Devito playing a funny asshole.

My life would not be complete if I hadn't seen The Nightman Cometh a couple of million times. I love it so much.

Took me a long time to get round to seeing this for some reason, but I'm almost done with season 2 and it's brilliant. Quite unlike anything else on, too. And funny.

I thought season 7 was a little up and down quality wise but overall it was still great. At least two more seasons to come too.