Mrs. Browns Boys award win?!

Mrs Brown's Boys! Winner of the Best Comedy Award at the National TV awards? This doesn't make me feel good inside. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Unsurprising that something that the public watch has actually been voted for to be Best Comedy.

Quote: ComicCuts @ 25th January 2017, 9:49 PM

Mrs Brown's Boys! Winner of the Best Comedy Award at the National TV awards? This doesn't make me feel good inside. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I'm not influenced by awards.I think it's dire.

Catch the odd glimpse of it and I seem to be watching the same episode endlessly repeated, besides I wouldn't hold much store by any event that ITV have a large stake in.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 26th January 2017, 4:14 AM

I'm not influenced by awards.I think it's dire.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th January 2017, 9:17 AM

Catch the odd glimpse of it and I seem to be watching the same episode endlessly repeated, besides I wouldn't hold much store by any event that ITV have a large stake in.

Hercules I have the same problem with Keeping Up Appearances. Good points both though, it just makes me despair.

These awards are a bit pointless now considering the same people/shows usually win the same awards every year. Ant & Dec for Im a Celebrity/Best TV presenters/Saturday Night Takeaway, and then you have This Morning winning every year. It was just nice to see Emmerdale break the dominance of Eastenders.

I must confess that I haven't seen this programme but it looks desperate and not my cup of tea.
Using the old cliché, it's just a matter of taste of whether a programme tickles my funny bone. If it does I laugh if not I don't, simple as that.
We're all unique with our own taste, so there's something for everyone, even Mrs Brown's Boys.
But awards, I wouldn't give it the time of day.

I saw the first episode today and I've never seen the show before. I found it crude and desperate and unfunny, but I'm glad it brings others some laughter.

It took me 2 or 3 episodes to get in to it but now I get it, and love it.

It took me 2 or 3 episodes to realise it wasn't that funny, and now I don't watch it.

Quote: Will Cam @ 11th March 2017, 6:19 PM

It took me 2 or 3 episodes to get in to it but now I get it, and love it.

You what???? We're supposed to be cultured on here. It's only the uneducated masses who love it!

I am former council house scum.:P