Comedy.co.uk Awards 2016

Red Dwarf - a well deserved winner. It was only yesterday by coincidence I finally got round to burning Series XI to DVD and was reminded of some of the great lines, for example Rimmer describing a dream he had with a bag of nuts on a Boeing 727 and disputing with Kryten that flying dreams were sexual...............................Very funny. Laughing out loud

Not sure, Herc. It's like Only Fools winning every year. I'd prefer a new series to win.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 24th January 2017, 2:25 PM

Not sure, Herc. It's like Only Fools winning every year. I'd prefer a new series to win.

Surely not for the sake of it?

I recently liked Zapped and Witless, but I wouldn't save and burn a disc of them to watch again, which as I said previous I did do for Red Dwarf XI as I would certainly want to watch that again as it is a very funny classic sitcom and is deserving of this accolade.

There was Best New TV Sitcom of course won by Upstart Crow, which I also liked but not enough to save it for posterity, so have to disagree with you Paul as new or old, if it's really funny then it deserves to be called Comedy of the Year, and after a number of years in the wilderness Red Dwarf has come home. :)

I'm glad Taskmaster did so well! Always reliably hilarious.

I was quite pleased with all this year's results. Not all what I voted for myself, but solid choices.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th January 2017, 3:31 PM

There was Best New TV Sitcom of course won by Upstart Crow

I did really enjoy Upstart Crow, I think the writing was very clever, and Mitchell was really good in it. Reminded me of Blackadder in some ways, but it felt a little hammy.

The character that was a David Brent rip off was a little lame too, I mean it was hardly topical. But I think Ricky Gervais has had a pop at Ben Elton before.

Quote: ComicCuts @ 25th January 2017, 4:16 PM

I did really enjoy Upstart Crow, I think the writing was very clever, and Mitchell was really good in it. Reminded me of Blackadder in some ways, but it felt a little hammy.

Blackadder wasn't known for its convincing acting, was it? I kind of see what you mean though.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 25th January 2017, 6:08 PM

Blackadder wasn't known for its convincing acting, was it? I kind of see what you mean though.

Haha, maybe not convincing, but but good comic acting!

I didn't vote this year
But was glad to see EOOTCDC win