Newsjack 2017 Page 7

I went for the Queen. 65 not out & all that.

Quote: GoWithIt @ 4th February 2017, 6:00 PM

Mine was the number cruncher about 4 presidents being assassinated ( details correct at time of broadcast )

I just can't escape writing Trump jokes! He's a gift and a curse!

J x

That was a good gag. Strong one-liner showing here on the BCG forum. And you know it must be good because they must literally get hundreds of Trump gags each week.

Quote: StephenM @ 6th February 2017, 11:48 AM

That was a good gag. Strong one-liner showing here on the BCG forum. And you know it must be good because they must literally get hundreds of Trump gags each week.

Thanks! I nearly didn't put it in, it just shows you can overthink your submissions! I'm trying to steer away from Trump in breaking news and numbers for this week, but it's really hard!

J x

Quote: Mrkgrngr @ 6th February 2017, 11:27 AM

Sketches in.

Luke Kempner and Cariad Lloyd are on this week, I know they're pretty good at impressions so no worries there.

cheers:D

hello - ours were on MPs with second jobs and the BA cabin crew strike. Good luck everyone! :)

I went with pets in Prison which migjt be a bit obscure. The Queen watching old stuff on Tv was going to be my second one but I had decorating that Mrs Will Cam wanted finishing!

I went with one about test match league plans for cricket (though the sketch itself wasn't really about cricket at all) and one about that much beloved insult of the right-wing press - 'remoaner'.

Glad Cariad Lloyd is doing Newsjack again this series. Her 'junkie Claudia Winkleman' on the last series of Murder in Successville was probably the funniest thing I saw all year.

I did one sketch on Black Sabbath's last gig and one on the shortage of veg in the shops

Quote: Stobbart42 @ 5th February 2017, 11:58 PM

Hi. I'm new to this. I just sent three Breaking News one-liners. Fingers crossed.

I didn't send any number crunchers. I wrote a few but wasn't happy with them.

I got my first success last week with what I thought was my weakest one-liner yet! Even if you do not rate them, they might just cover a topic which no-one else has and have a chance.

Well look who got a great shout out? Well done ladies.

What topics did people cover this week? I did one-liners about North Korean security cheif, small chocolate bars and the banana woman on question time.
I wrote mine kind of early in the week so they might not be considered "breaking news" but man I will be chuffed if they choose one.

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th February 2017, 11:27 PM

Well look who got a great shout out? Well done ladies.

Thanks - we were very pleased indeed! :)

Nice one Bonzo :)

I managed to up my game and double my contributions. Yep that's 2 one liners. Hope springs eternal.

Morning! Did anyone go to the recording last night that could give us a bit of a heads up?

J x

it looks like Alison Thea-Skot has replaced Cariad Lloyd in this episode