Newsjack 2017 Page 46

Thanks everyone! And really well done Damian! And DBM!

Our thing that was cut was a sketch about SATs being harder - we did it as "Primary School Challenge" - kids on university challenge.

Well done to everyone who got the e-mails. nothing for me. I think it's the final show next week, one last big push

Delighted to see Damian B's perseverance being rewarded with a great run. Well done to Bonzo and DBM for getting into the recording...impressive consistency. Thank you all for taking the time to post your results, it's very encouraging.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 12th October 2017, 7:34 PM

Cheers all, for those interested my joke that was cut was:
'Morrison's to be sued over data leaks, data sprouts, data carrots and data butternut squash'

I like that. Good job.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 12th October 2017, 7:34 PM

'Morrison's to be sued over data leaks, data sprouts, data carrots and data butternut squash'

:P:P:P

Great episode last night, particularly liked the Ross Kemp sketch and the political one. Last week next week!! Good luck everyone!

Yeah. I agree that was a strong one. I liked the Game of Thrones one. My own sketch had the GoT theme tune too so mine never stood a chance even if it had been good.

Best episode of the series, methinks. The bit that stuck in my mind was the sketch about the political leaders, where the Ukip leader uses all the slogans. Was that a submission or something they wrote in-house?

yeah, it was a goodun, well thought out. thought Emma Sidi was particularly impressive.

I enjoyed that episode, especially the Putin sketch as a bit of a change of pace and style. Was that from anyone here?

Very strong episode, congrats to all who got something on!

One of my one-liners about the Regent Street jewellers robbery had a very similar punchline to the one that made it into Breaking News (and later on Number Crunchers too)!

two scripts submitted. decided to go for the weekend's leading topics, you know, just to give myself more of a chance and all that!!!! cough cough :(

Nice one. I didn't have time this week. But I've got a couple of one-liners I'm pretty pleased with so I'll definitely have something to send tomorrow.

I've just sent in two sketches -- with almost an hour to spare!

I have an abundance of one-liners and a superfluity of number-crunchers waiting to be whittled down this evening or in the morning for the final onslaught ...

Two sketches in around 11pm last night. Would love to have some success this series - hoping for some one liner inspiration.