Newsjack 2017 Page 3

Good episode, well done everyone who got stuff on.

Only one sketch this week, but it's better than both I wrote last week so i went for quality over quantity!
Good luck everyone!
J x

First sketch sent in for this series. Have to agree with everyone's comments re the Dog sketch, hilarious. Trump is a gift that keeps on giving. Good luck everyone.

hi - we sent 2 - no 'auto response' this week though - did anyone else get it?

Hi Bonzo, I didn't get a response but then I only just squeezed inside the deadline!

Quote: Bonzo @ 30th January 2017, 1:06 PM

hi - we sent 2 - no 'auto response' this week though - did anyone else get it?

I got it, maybe it's just delayed?

J x

Quote: GoWithIt @ 30th January 2017, 1:15 PM

I got it, maybe it's just delayed?

J x

Quote: David S @ 30th January 2017, 1:15 PM

Hi Bonzo, I didn't get a response but then I only just squeezed inside the deadline!

oh dear - we sent ours quite early.... Teary

Argh! If i were you I'd tweet them and just checked they received it, just so you know.

J x

ooh yes, good plan! :)

Friend who sent a sketch in on Saturday evening got an auto-reply.

I got the auto-reply for the sketch last night and have just got the oneliner one seconds after sending. Might the replies be getting spammed?

Thanks. I checked and they kindly replied and said they've been received. Phew.

On to the oneliners... Good luck everyone!

oneliners in - auto response received - now just the anxious wait....

good luck everyone! :)

I got a one liner in last week (nuclear codes) and submitted 3 more this week.

I fear I might have been 2 minutes after the deadline as I think one of my clocks is wrong. I still got a "Thank you for submitting to Newsjack!" autoreply, though. Does anyone know if that's in time? i.e. what's the "too late" autoreply?

Didn't manage to get any sketches submitted this week but entered a full contingent of one liners. I even had an extra one that I had to cull. Just hope they're good enough now.

[quote name="MargateSteve" post="1168530" date="27th January 2017, 11:27 AM"]

250: The number of goals Wayne Rooney has scored for Manchester United
250: The cost and age of a good night out for Wayne Rooney.

I had a very similar one liner last week:

250:The number of goals record-breaking Wayne Rooney has scored for Manchester United.
250: The combined age of the two women he took to his hotel room to celebrate with.