Newsjack 2017 Page 13

Nothing from me this week. Just couldn't find a decent punchline.

I don't think my punchlines were great.

3 Breaking News & 3 Number Crunching this week. No Trump this time.

3 Breaking News from me.

Good luck everyone!

This week's oneliners: High Street shops - Brains - Hitler's telephone

Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!

Just oneliners submitted this week, didn't get round to any sketches.

Thought I'd share this though,as it was a bit of an eye-opener. Last week one of my sketches got onto NJ (the Norfolk tourism one), but with almost none of the script I submitted. The premise and the structure were mine, and the final joke to round it off, but with no exaggeration, barely a dozen other words were from the original submission. This isn't meant to be a moan - the broadcast sketch was definitely better than what I'd sent in, no arguments, the editors/writers know what they're doing. And it was very nice to be credited, especially when probably 98% of the words weren't actually mine. It was just a surprise, I'd not had a sketch make it to air before and hadn't realised quite how much the team are willing to rewrite while still giving credit/payment for effectively a "based on an idea by" rather than a "written by".

Thanks. That's interesting. It shows it's the premise that is key.

Quote: JonT @ 21st February 2017, 11:16 PM

Thought I'd share this though,as it was a bit of an eye-opener. Last week one of my sketches got onto NJ (the Norfolk tourism one), but with almost none of the script I submitted. The premise and the structure were mine, and the final joke to round it off, but with no exaggeration, barely a dozen other words were from the original submission. This isn't meant to be a moan - the broadcast sketch was definitely better than what I'd sent in, no arguments, the editors/writers know what they're doing. And it was very nice to be credited, especially when probably 98% of the words weren't actually mine. It was just a surprise, I'd not had a sketch make it to air before and hadn't realised quite how much the team are willing to rewrite while still giving credit/payment for effectively a "based on an idea by" rather than a "written by".

That is really interesting! It makes me feel like I really need to up my sketch-premise game if all they're looking for is a very strong idea! Well done though, the fact it's edited doesn't take away from the fact it's your sketch and you absolutely deserve both credit and payment!

J x

Quote: JonT @ 21st February 2017, 11:16 PM

Firstly well done on getting on.

I think their rewrites will always depend on the sketch. I had one on several series ago and though they added two or three lines they kept what I wrote too.

Very well done

Well done JonT! :)

Nice one JonT - that was my favourite sketch from last week.

I put in a sketch ("Virtual 70s Lunch Break") and 3 oneliners this week.

Good luck peeps!
I can't get over how sweet this emoji is: Console

Morning!

I don't suppose anybody went to last night's recording and could give us a run down?

Good luck for today everyone!

J x

Quote: GoWithIt @ 23rd February 2017, 11:25 AM

Morning!

I don't suppose anybody went to last night's recording and could give us a run down?

Good luck for today everyone!

J x

I didn't go, but someone on twitter mentioned a Tony Blair Poltergeist sketch that she loved.

Oooh! Well that's one down that I definitely haven't got then hehe!

J x