Newsjack 2017 Page 10

I have just submitted this weeks work. Avoided Trump completely.

Good luck. I went with an outsider story of Gary Neville starting his own University.

ours are in - we went with BAFTAs and schools asking parents for money - good luck everyone! :)

I went for Trump this week and the guy suing uber.

No sketches from me - as usual - but six oneliners queued up and just waiting for a massive story to break overnight that I miss...

Just three one-liners again this week. Number crunchers are much harder than they look.
No mention of the T-word.

Just sent my 3 breaking news and 3 number crunchers. I avoided the T word too, for the first time this series!

Good luck everyone!

J x

Back to my usual one effort entry. Maybe I should start earlier than Tuesday morning. Went for my first Number Cruncher - I'm liking the way it concentrates the mind.

Sent some oneliners. Still getting the autoresponse though they say you won't on the website.

No Trump for me either!

just 3 breaking news from us this week - couldn't think up any number crunchers. good luck everyone :)

Sent off the six one-liners just in time! Toughest week so far IMHO.

Didn't play the Trump card this week either!

Quote: Bonzo @ 14th February 2017, 11:55 AM

just 3 breaking news from us this week - couldn't think up any number crunchers. good luck everyone :)

Yes, the number cruncher format is quite tricky. Last week they used a line which relied on the German 'nein', so perhaps there is more scope for wordplay.

two sketches this week - auctioning NHS appointments and a 50 Shades one. GLTA

3. The number of number crunchers submitted

3. The number of number crunchers i'll be posting in critique on Friday

I was really pleased with one of my one-liners about council workmen planting trees in the middle of a football pitch. I submitted it late on Monday night and then I switched on BBC breakfast new on Tuesday morning and they were getting viewers send in puns about the story so I think there will have now been lots of jokes submitted on that story.