Just Good Friends Page 2

It started off well enough but I think it went on a bit too long.

Jan Francis of course is gorgeous but Paul Nichols sometimes didn't seem convincing.

I'm sure though that loads of people love this especially as it was written by John Sullivan.

Well done Chappers, I hadn't realised there was a thread. My eyes feel funny trying to read it though...
;)

I thought Marianne Faithful did As Tears Go By...that bit of trivia will bug me now! Must have a look out for a DVD of this show, failing finding repeats anywhere.

The DVD is really rather pricey.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/just_good_friends/buy/325/just_good_friends/

Tis a bit. Couple of lovely clips on the BCG writeup about it though. What a gorgeous couple, perfect casting for that show really.

Would probably seem very slow if you watched it today.

The Christmas special was a much more serious affair IIRC doesn't Penny pretty much have a breakdown culminating in her smearing jam all over the walls?

What kind of jam was it?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 21 2011, 6:23 PM BST

I thought Marianne Faithful did As Tears Go By.

She did but Keef 'n' Mick wrote it.

Ah, love her singing it though.

Quote: Chappers @ September 21 2011, 10:17 PM BST

She did but Keef 'n' Mick wrote it.

And released it as a B side.

Quote: happychef @ September 21 2011, 8:04 PM BST

The special was a much more serious affair IIRC doesn't Penny pretty much have a breakdown culminating in her smearing jam all over the walls?

Yes, that special was a drama. Not Christmas material in the least, really, and nothing as good as the Only Fools special 'To Hull and Back' which it pre-dated by a year. It was well-written in one way, though: every back-reference in the first two series is pretty much acted out. Sullivan must have had a good memory.

The Just Good ... special was actually only the second featurelength special of a sitcom ever. The year before, Summer Wine made a TV film.