Uncle - Series 3

Uncle. Image shows from L to R: Tiffany (Jorja Rutherford), Bruce (Daniel Lawrence Taylor), Sam (Daisy Haggard), Errol (Elliot Speller-Gillott), Andy (Nick Helm). Copyright: Baby Cow Productions.

Uncle

BBC Three sitcom in which Nick Helm stars as an out-of work musician forced to look after his young nephew

DaButt

• Monday 2nd January 2017, 1:48pm
  • The Lone Star State, United States
  • 13,914 posts

I was pleasantly surprised to see that my magical downloading device had just acquired the first episode of a third series of Uncle. I really enjoyed the first two, so I'm looking forward to the new episodes.

Maximusmaxston

• Saturday 7th January 2017, 10:26pm [Edited]
  • Skegness, England
  • 29 posts

I enjoyed the first episode of Series 3. It wasn't well advertised though, I guess that's a downfall of BBC Three going completely online. Still, looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

zooo

• Saturday 7th January 2017, 11:20pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 69,195 posts

It was shown on BBC1 too this week though. I think that's where I watched it anyway...

I saw a couple of trailers for it. But they could definitely advertise it more!

Maximusmaxston

• Sunday 8th January 2017, 11:03am [Edited]
  • Skegness, England
  • 29 posts

I saw one trailer for it on BBC 1. It's a shame it's not more heavily marketed as it deserves it.

TheBlueNun

• Monday 16th January 2017, 5:42pm
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,541 posts

I enjoyed S1 and 2 so will give this a whirl.

George Kaplan

• Monday 16th January 2017, 6:12pm
  • England
  • 4,716 posts

I much preferred the second episode of the new series to the opening episode which felt a bit clunky.

jsg

• Wednesday 31st July 2019, 4:42pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 418 posts

This seemed to get better towards its end in my opinion, so it's a shame we couldn't get more of it in the style of the third series. It was nice to see Errol be a bit more three dimensional as a character.

If this and Elephant are anything to go by I really hope Nick Helm makes more narrative work in the future.