What is the point of 3D?

I went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them last night. My daughter had won tickets and couldn't go so I went with Mrs Will Cam. I had been put off going by it being in 3D but you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, can you?

Well actually you can. What is the f**king point. Everything looks so grey and dull and flat. it was the same when I went to see The Force Awakens. I wanted to scream "Turn the f**king brightness up, I can't f**king see anything!" What is the technical issue with making a 3D movie where you can see daylight for God's sake. The dullness totally ruined a good film. It's not as if there was that much use made of the 3D. The odd insect flying into the crowd. I really do not see the point of 3D at all outside of theme parks where at least 3D element is central to the entertainment.

Rant over.

Have you tried using 3D glasses?

Unimpressedvery droll Chappers.

Some wag (aka Twat) had actually managed to get the arms off the glasses and put them back upside down which really confused me before I twigged and changed them.

Chappers doesn't do droll..................corn maybe.

More like ham ain't it? :)

Yes and out of date to boot.

Look out he's behind you..
(oh yes he is!)

3D would have been good for 'Nudes of 1964' ...

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 8th December 2016, 10:24 AM

Look out he's behind you..

Oooohhh, hello sailor.

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th December 2016, 11:29 PM

Some wag (aka Twat) had actually managed to get the arms off the glasses and put them back upside down which really confused me before I twigged and changed them.

That actually made me laugh out loud.

And agree 3D is great for theme park rides, a distraction at the cinema and disappearing from TV, which says it all really.

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th December 2016, 8:20 PM

I went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them last night. My daughter had won tickets and couldn't go so I went with Mrs Will Cam. I had been put off going by it being in 3D but you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, can you?

Well actually you can. What is the f**king point. Everything looks so grey and dull and flat. it was the same when I went to see The Force Awakens. I wanted to scream "Turn the f**king brightness up, I can't f**king see anything!" What is the technical issue with making a 3D movie where you can see daylight for God's sake. The dullness totally ruined a good film. It's not as if there was that much use made of the 3D. The odd insect flying into the crowd. I really do not see the point of 3D at all outside of theme parks where at least 3D element is central to the entertainment.

Rant over.

Wholly disagree.

Might be something with your eyesight. Might just be the films you've ended up seeing. I love 3D and have never found it "dull", "grey" or "flat". At all. More 3D, please.

I will agree to disagree with you Aaron. Mrs Will Cam is in agreement with me - and she outranks you!:D

I'm into virtual reality technology and 3D viewed in the right headset is the real deal and will blow you away. I can't wait until it's refined to the point where it can be more accessible to everyone for entertainment, education and as a tool.

If you ever get given a chance to try it, give it a go. Although the phone / cardboard headsets don't really do it justice!

The first time I saw 3D cinema was a good few years ago in Leeds at the cinema museum (or whatever it's called). We thought it was absolutely brilliant. Now have a TV which can do it but we haven't watched much. Glasses are quite dear. I store them in the bloody silly bin which the Council provided for putting rotting food in your kitchen.

You can buy glasses which will work with any brand and are much cheaper than the "official ones" for your TV.

Ta, but unfortunately we've already bought 4 bloody pairs.