Walliams & Friend - Series 1 Page 2

I thought this week's with Harry Enfield was much stronger than Episode 1. Lots of laughs. Harry is fantastic.

Quote: JudgeDreddy @ 4th December 2016, 1:48 PM

Turned off after 5 minutes. The canned laughter being piped into the acts was so annoying. I do not need manufactured laughter to reinforce their attempts at humour. It was so unreal, a person turning a knob at each line to send recorded laughter into the sketch. Total rubbish and I like both these persons when they perform in front of a live audience. This was just a cheaply made show.

It was performed and recorded in front of a live audience.

Quote: Aaron @ 4th December 2016, 9:44 PM

I thought this week's with Harry Enfield was much stronger than Episode 1. Lots of laughs. Harry is fantastic.

I preferred the second one too - script seemed relatively tighter as well.

Going to watch this later tonight and then HIGNFY on BBC1.

The next one with Sheridan Smith is the one I'm most looking forward to - I can see them having a great chemistry. She's very bubbly, and a ball of energy, and I think will be a good foil.

Talking of chemistry. Herc, you and Chappers should do a show together. :D

It's been done a few times but perhaps....

The Odd Couple.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 6th December 2016, 3:00 PM

Talking of chemistry. Herc, you and Chappers should do a show together. :D

:D

Quote: wigwam willy @ 7th December 2016, 1:37 AM

It's been done a few times but perhaps....

The Odd Couple.

Vicious more like. Laughing out loud

I enjoyed it - although I turned off halfway through HIGNFY because I thought Tom Hollander was soooooo boring.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th December 2016, 6:25 PM

I enjoyed it - although I turned off halfway through HIGNFY because I thought Tom Hollander was soooooo boring.

Yes, and the guests (of late too) left a lot to be desired, as though they are almost scraping the bottom of the barrel of "celebs".

Really painful to watch!

Sadly, Sheridan Smith seems to have had too much botox or something. A shame as she didn't need to have anything done.

Quote: Dave @ 9th December 2016, 11:59 PM

Sadly, Sheridan Smith seems to have had too much botox or something. A shame as she didn't need to have anything done.

I don't think it is that, she has simply put on too much weight, which was very noticeable from the last time I saw her on the box, and this could be due to the fact her father was dying when it was being filmed (?) He died last week I think and she was terribly upset.

Otherwise, I quite enjoyed it with David's not too bad impersonation of Sid, although it was a tad car crash television. The "what you like about your partner" bit was dire though.

Anyway, now we've got the REALLY important stuff out the way - discussing her looks - I thought this ep was the most enjoyable yet. The Barbie might give me nightmares but I liked all her other characters. Rather amusing.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th December 2016, 9:19 AM

The "what you like about your partner" bit was dire though.

Yeah, that punchline was visible a mile away!

Quote: zooo @ 10th December 2016, 10:04 AM

Anyway, now we've got the REALLY important stuff out the way - discussing her looks

Bit knee jerk ain't it............ :(

:O I merely commented on her having put on a bit of weight, which seemed to be for a very good reason, nothing to do with her looks as she is still quite sha...............maybe not

Enjoyed last night's episode. Reminded me what a fantastic comic talent Sheridan Smith is. She needs another TV sitcom role.