Paper vs technology

This may seem a bit stupid, and a pointless thread, but i was wondering what is better to write comedy on, i write on paper, because it's easy, and if i write someting i'm not sure about then i put a line through it and carry on, that means i'm never going to lose any comedy (apart from if i lose it), i have never tried writing comedy on a computer, is it better? or is it worse?

I tend to scribble stuff down, and then type it up.

I use paper for notes and scribbling down ideas, jokes and one liners, but other than that it's my trusty computer all the way.

I write my first draft sketches and everything else on paper and if I'm going to send the sketch off I write it up on computer...

and send it

I never go anywhere without pencil and paper. I make loads of notes and live with them for a few weeks before writing a major project. But it all goes into computer. I print and post copies to myself and friends too.

I always carry a little pad in my back pocket for ideas. I write the first draft of everything on paper.

Generally I usually go with a pencil and pad. Because I see myself as somewhat fortunate to live on the coast I can usually get to a secluded location to write. On the other hand, the beauty of working on a laptop or pc means that I waste far less paper which means I'm doing my bit for the environment by not using up all the trees to write on.

But just as an aside, and perhaps a more frivolous note, I'd also like to add that I much prefer paper to computer if only because I keep getting Tipex on the screen - I thank you.

Boom Boom!

I tend to make mountains of notes on paper and then get it down into a computer when it's pretty much ready, however I just bought a bunch of white marker boards which put a cap on writing mountains of drivel and it's sharpened me up a bit.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 21, 2006, 6:03 PM

I always carry a little pad in my back pocket for ideas. I write the first draft of everything on paper.

Me too, I get alot of strange looks if I'm walking through town and all of a sudden an all mighty OHHH!!! comes out of no where and I jot down a good idea Rolling eyes

Quote: paul watson @ November 22, 2006, 11:17 AM

Me too, I get alot of strange looks if I'm walking through town and all of a sudden an all mighty OHHH!!! comes out of no where and I jot down a good idea Rolling eyes

i also get alot of strange looks, i don't carry a pad i'm just ugly Sick Sick Sick, i do scribble stuff down on napkins and beer mats,my arms, other peoples arms and on tatty bits of paper

I normally write the ideas on paper and then the actual scripts on the computer. Although, I do have a tendency to lose the pieces of paper. Teary

I just find it easier to be creative with a pen in hand, loungeing on the couch, rather than sat behind a keyboard. I must have written hundreds of sketches, and Id say less than five percent were written straight onto the computer rather than on paper first.

I carry a notepad too, but everything other than ideas that occur to me when I'm out goes straight on the computer. I use a laptop though, and I like to vary where I work. I often write creative stuff in a different room to where I write the non-fiction that pays the bills.

What's that non-fiction then, Miranda?

But back on topic, I generally note ideas, plan things out, first drafts etc on paper (although whatever's to hand will do). Notes and simple ideas also often go onto PDA - like I say, all very much whatever's closest. Once I've got something a bit more solid I tend to move onto computer, polish it off, make it a bit more readable and so on.