Inside No. 9 - Series 3

From what I have seen from the promo here left >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"We have reassured them that this time there are lots of happy endings and everybody makes it out alive. And like fools, they believed us"

Can't wait!! :D

Brilliant news, can't wait for this.

Last series of this was quite, quite remarkable in terms of its influences and plots, so I can't wait for the new series!

Can't wait for this.

I really enjoyed the opening episode, and was pleased to see it keeping up the high standards of the first two series. Although is it worrying that I found the end mildly arousing?

It depends. Was it because you were imagining yourself being ravaged by a half Krampus/half Reece Shearsmith monster? If so, no.

No, cannot agree. Clever bit of 1970s "Acorn Antiques" style TV, but apart from that I was disappointed and found it pointless. What was it meant to be? (can't type anymore beyond this for fear of spoiling it for someone)

I thought it was amazing. They got the 70s horror look just right, and the ending was brilliant.

It was OK, and here again not wanting to give anything away.................er, didn't see how a load of people would all collude in an over elaborate plot that finished with what happened in the end.
For me, what was building up to be a taut finale all went off in a puff of a nothing and a bizarre conclusion that didn't make any sense.

Well let's just say SPOILERS FOR EPISODE ONE AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think didn't make sense?

Quote: zooo @ 29th December 2016, 11:58 AM

I thought it was amazing. They got the 70s horror look just right, and the ending was brilliant.

This.

I had just watched the end of a Tales of The Unexpected staring Telly Savalas before watching this and this nailed that genre completely. Very cleverly written, acted and produced. I particularly liked the way the candles were affected by being filmed, just like TV in the old days. Brilliant.

Quote: Will Cam @ 29th December 2016, 1:06 PM

I particularly liked the way the candles were affected by being filmed, just like TV in the old days. Brilliant.

Yes! I loved that candle trail bit especially.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th December 2016, 12:11 PM

didn't see how a load of people would all collude in an over elaborate plot that finished with what happened in the end.

And then for, apparently, nothing to come of it until the discovery of the tape decades later.

Is it too OTT to thank God for Shearsmith and Pemberton?

Quote: zooo @ 29th December 2016, 1:44 PM

Yes! I loved that candle trail bit especially.

Yes, a stated previous I understood all that.

Quote: zooo @ 29th December 2016, 12:33 PM

Well let's just say SPOILERS FOR EPISODE ONE AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you think didn't make sense?

I tell you what, my son is a connoisseur of horror movies, so I will post him the iPlayer link and get him to tell me what he thinks of it with no prompting from me. :)
And then I'll come back to you, when hopefully everyone will have seen it. :D