Bridget Jones's Baby

I'm going to see BJB on Sunday morning with [one of my few RL friends] I'm really looking forward to it as I enjoyed the first two films.

I have to admit though and I hope that I'm not betraying the Sisterhood here that Ms Zallweger's cosmetic surgery is somewhat extreme. I liked her pretty face from before. She was also way too thin on The Jonathan Ross Show.

Her face does look a bit odd. I don't understand what she's had done. But it seemed to look non-distracting on the clips I've seen.
I'm excited to see the film too, but I'll probably wait until the DVD comes out, cos I'm lazy like that.

I'm glad they didn't make the film have the same plot as the book. The book was great, but pretty depressing.

I saw her on The One Show recently and it did look very sad. What has happened to her face - not the expression because there wasn't much.

In contrast Sally Philips who plays her friend was on it too and she looked stunning, happy. She has a very sexy look anyway and I really wouldn't think she'd succomb to plastic surgery.

Hollywood is evil.

Quote: zooo @ 15th September 2016, 8:30 PM

Hollywood is evil.

I agree, Hollywood's treatment of women is truly appalling. I'm also glad that they didn't make a film out of 'Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy' as I couldn't even finish the book.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th September 2016, 8:25 PM

I saw her on the One Show recently and it did look very sad. What has happened to her face - not the expression because there wasn't much.

In contrast Sally Philips who plays her friend was on it too and she looked stunning, happy. She has a very sexy look anyway and I really wouldn't think she'd succomb to plastic surgery.

I think Sally's got God on her side, which helps, but I agree, she's much more engaging.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 16th September 2016, 3:39 PM

I agree, Hollywood's treatment of women is truly appalling. I'm also glad that they didn't make a film out of 'Bridget Jones: Mad About The Boy' as I couldn't even finish the book.

Oh bugger, that's the book I meant above. Not the Bridget Jones's Baby book which isn't even out yet so obviously I haven't read it.

I can't actually remember what happened in it but I really don't think a 'Mr Darcy has died and Bridget is depressed' film would do massively well at the box office.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 16th September 2016, 3:39 PM

I think Sally's got God on her side, which helps, but I agree, she's much more engaging.

Well she is on the side of God for certain.