Red Dwarf XI Page 2

It's a shame because they have so much material to worth with, within that world. I really liked some of the ideas, especially from the early shows where they would try to do mind-bending time travel plots. Maybe a remake, a new twist on the ideas and themes of the show?

So what did people think of this week's episode? I liked the pared back plot compared to episode one, some beautiful character moments (the Mine-Opoly game is a stand out), and it was nice to see Cat get a meaty scene with Lister. I've found that Cat has more and more become a gag machine, an easy laugh when a scene is dragging, so to see him carrying a scene was a nice touch.

I thought it was excellent.

It was pretty good

I'm Impressed how it's got it's Mojo back since being on Dave after the incongruous seasons 7 & 8 and the very odd Corrie thing they did
It will never be quite as good as seasons 3 & 4 but at least it runs along a similar vein these days

Feels a tad cheap. Fewer sets, longer scenes, getting their money's worth out of each new build. They do say the great comedies can do a show with just the characters in one place just talking, and the Dwarf crew can do that easily. Great jokes and interplay between them all. Loved it. Looking forward to the next one.

I've actually really enjoyed series 11.

I've enjoyed this series and think it's been much funnier than anything the show has done since the early '90s. The episode 'Give and Take' has been my favourite so far of this run.

For me the only real drawback is the recycling of old ideas. So far we've seen time travel, duplicates of Rimmer, a crew member meeting a superior alternate version of themselves, simulants, stasis booths...I suppose it's natural given how long the show has been running, though.

I've only seen a few episodes of the new series, but it's all felt very recycled and the gags a little underwhelming.

I know the diehard fans love it regardless, but I do wonder why the team keep going back.

Quote: Ben @ 19th October 2016, 7:08 PM

I do wonder why the team keep going back.

It looks like fun to do.

Also the money i doubt many actors would turn down work.

Just a shame they're not going back for the scripts...

I always wonder what it would be like if Rob Grant rejoined, but perhaps he'd be creatively spent too. After all, you can't remain at your peak forever and, for me, Red Dwarf started going downhill with Series 7 - apart from the first episode which I've always kinda liked.

Certainly the best series since VI.

Loving this and enjoying it going back to its roots. Burst out laughing at the beginning of OFFICER RIMMER when Kryten was saying that any dream involving aeroplanes is a metaphor for sex and Rimmer disputing this with his recurring dream of the Boeing 747 and the small packet of nuts - F**king hysterical!!

Caught the 'Can of Worms' episode tonight and rather enjoyed it.

Sure, the whole polymorph thing has lost its edge at this point, but they managed to tweak the concept and take it in a new direction.

Maybe I'll go back and watch a few more...

I found the reference to the the living universe somewhat insulting.