Shooting Stars Page 6

Quote: Aaron @ December 31 2008, 11:48 AM GMT

Perhaps so. Still shouldn't have been publicised as a documentary though. It was only mildly more factual than Spinal Tap.

So it would have satisfied you if it was publicised as -wink-wink- documentary?

Or a spoof documentary, preferably.

I love Shooting Stars. I wish they'd release all the old series on DVD.

Agree with the comments re Jack Dee as captain.

But I think the really big question that everyone is missing about yesterday's special episode is, what the hell has happened to Bob's teeth?!

?

Que?

I enjoyed the episode, I hope they bring it back as it is still more entertaining than a lot of stuff that's on at the moment. I was disappointed that Vic didn't do his club song - that's always great. The fake legs were brilliant.

It was great to see it back again but the shit choice of guests did ruin it quite a bit.

Quote: Aaron @ December 31 2008, 12:15 PM GMT

Or a spoof documentary, preferably.

You cite it should have been advertised as a "Spinal Tap" style mockumentary, which if I recall was marketed as a comedy documentary (sound familiar?) and it's only because we have been exposed to it for 25 years as a "spoof documentary" that anyone who can't see it for what it is now is . . . well . . .

No I didn't. I said it was "only mildly more factual than Spinal Tap". Not that "it should have been advertised as a Spinal Tap style mockumentary".

But just to humour the point your post seems to be making:

Comedy documentary, spoof documentary. What exactly is the difference? You seem to be implying that the two are separate things.

I thought it was very funny. Just like the old days in fact. Although was it just me or did Bob seem a tad nervous? Great show though, best laugh of the holidays so far. Here's hoping they do another series.

I didn't notice anything different about either of them. Just that Bob's gone more baldy.

Loved that Vic mentioned it as something they weren't allowed to talk about. Laughing out loud

I really enjoyed seeing the greatest comedy panel show ever returning last night! The documentary was great too. I would love to see a new series.

Great documentary. The game show was okay, but it will never be as fresh as it first was.

I miss The Smell Of... So many silly quotes I say in day to day life...

Ulrika is still worthy of a dibble, incidentally...

Just watching the documentary.... COME BACK VIC AND BOB!!! Hand.

I loved the "documentary"

Bring back Big Night Out

"Whats on the end of the stick, Vic?"

Meh