Shooting Stars Page 10

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 19 2009, 1:27 PM BST

According to interviews they've been doing for Shooting Stars, they too hope that this might lead to them doing a new sketch show, which is what they want to do, but they don't know if they'll get commissioned.

I guess it'll depend on what the new comedy head feels partial to.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 19 2009, 1:27 PM BST

OMG! Have we nothing in common!

Smile TV 2 and not caring whether Friar Tuck is played by a black actor.

As for Reeves and Mortimer, I'm afraid for me there career tragectory has been very Orson Wellsish. They started great with Big Night Out, rallied with Shooting Stars, but the rest has been pretty lame. Alhough I did enjoy seeing them at the Montreux Comedy Festival die on their arse with a rolled up carpet. That takes balls.

Mixed feelings about this returning, as it became very lazily written and performed towards the end anyway. If they are doing it with the ambition to really make it great, then lovely, but there's a reason comedy shows don't usually return years on from their original outings. (The special recently was dreadful.) Axe Ulrika, axe Self, axe George Dawes, start with a relatively fresh canvas.

Catterick is the best thing Vic & Bob have ever done, with the possible exception of the 1st series of The Smell Of Reeves And Mortimer.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 19 2009, 1:59 PM BST

I commend your memory.

It's actually a curse. Remembering every little thing on the BCG! Give me Sissyphus's boulder any day!

But yes, Vioc and Bob. More specifically, Shooting Stars. And with reference to Dr Tim Walkers point about getting rid of George Dawes, I thought he still worked in the one off, and reminded me what a great actor Matt Lucas can be.

Quote: chipolata @ August 19 2009, 2:02 PM BST

It's actually a curse. Remembering every little thing on the BCG! Give me Sissyphus's boulder any day!

But yes, Vioc and Bob. More specifically, Shooting Stars. And with reference to Dr Tim Walkers point about getting rid of George Dawes, I thought he still worked in the one off, and reminded me what a great actor Matt Lucas can be.

And I thought I had a good memory!

And yes, it's nice to see Matt Lucas's sense of fun coming through, which was largely absent in the Little Britian USA series.

I hope he does some new songs! I want another Peanuts, or Baked Potato!