New Sitcom Documentary - 60 Years of Laughing At Ourselves

This looks like a must-see. Does anyone know when it's on? I can't find any details.

I think this time is now fully confirmed: Monday 12th at 9pm.

Thanks, Aaron.

Excellent documentary.

I could have written it myself.

Are you -Ing?

God this was drab and pedestrian. Poor old Coogan is looking as old as I am

I thought it would be a nice canter through the decades, but it was more like a sociology documentary.

This would have been better as a series rather than a one-off. A six-parter, say, looking at a different decade each week.

It was interesting but rushed.

Quote: Dave @ 17th September 2016, 1:15 PM

It was more like a sociology documentary.

Too heavy on the PC apologist analyses. Made without a whit of humor, which was sad. Saddest was watching it all the way through* and not seeing Mark or Aaron appear for expert analysis. Would have enjoyed Aaron's take on various shows. As he has viewed much through fresh eyes. Rather than just people looking back and saying: "Oh, but that's how it was in those days."

* Actually I dozed off before the end. Maybe they did have Aaron on?

I must say some of these documentaries tied to a season seem just perfunctory. Done in haste with little care or interest in the subject. This subject could be done well, in depth and over some weeks. Simply rolling out a few talking heads, the obligatory clip of Curry & Chips and bland educational voiceover. Have it hosted by Merton or someone, talk to Galton and Simpson and Clement and La Frenais, not some stand-up comic. It could do with being done properly, these people won't be here forever. But you need to talk to the true masters like Cleese. These wasn't it racist in the seventies shows a la Channel 4 and 5 are dull, uninformative and feel like space fillers

Quote: Kenneth @ 18th September 2016, 6:06 AM

* Actually I dozed off before the end. Maybe they did have Aaron on?

Sadly not!

I agree with the sentiments of this thread: I'm sick of being preached at by the BBC.