Comedy podcasts

I have made a group for anyone who wants to promote, chat about or anything to do with comedy podcasts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/613476702157006/

Enjoy

Count me in.

I'll bump this one, just to see if anyone's on board. Podcasts are great, people!

What comedy podcasts, if any, do you listen to? (or talk radio comedy shows in podcast form):

The main ones I listen to regularly are (and I know these are pretty vanilla choices, so I'm definitely open to recommendations):

Stuart Goldsmith's Comedian's Comedian Podcast - He's on episode 216 with more on the way soon. Lots of big name comedians interviewed, on anything from methods to writing techniques, performance habits, how to stay sane on the road, that kind of thing, plus often funny stories. Some big name comics he interviews are Simon Munnery, Stewart Lee, Paul Chowdrhy, Tim Minchin, Romesh Ranganathan, Jimmy Carr etc. as well as more fringey people. I just enjoyed the Tony Law one, and the Paul Currie one and the Gein's Family Giftshop one since I just saw them all in Edinburgh. There are even interviews with US and Aussie comics. It's not entirely meant to be all funny, but if you liike knowing the ins and outs of the worlds of stand ups then it's very interesting. Just before the fringe he did one with Hannah Gadsby, and a little farther back one with John Robins, so he got both of the comedy award winners right before it all kicked off. He gets good guests.

RHLSTP - I don't think I need to say much about this. Surely everyone knows it. I enjoyed getting to see the fringe version of the podcast live twice while I was there, but I've been a RHLSTP (rhlstp!) fan for ages. Looking forward to the Dan Renton Skinner one being released now that the fringe is over.

Me 1 vs Me 2 Snooker - Richard Herring's vanity project of playing snooker against himself in his basement, usually drunk. I like it. It's pretty much all-the-way niche though.

Athletico Mince - Bob Mortimer and Andy Dawson genuinely not talking about football the entire time. It's very silly, with lots of running stories/jokes, silly catchphrases and just all around ridiculousnes. It took a while to warm up when it started, but now they're in the groove and touring the podcast around a bit sometimes. It's not for everybody, but if you like Bob Mortimer and are hesitant to get into it because of not liking football, I say go for it (but start at about episode 13). There's really very very little football content.

Chris Coltrane's Lolitics Podcast - taped at his lolitics club in Camden it's basically two half hours of stand up per episode. Some guests include Matt Winning, Robin Ince, Joe Wells, Josie Long, Tiernan Douieb, Nish Kumar, and many more. It's very lefty and political, so if that's not your thing, then...yeah, best avoid it. It's quite good though. This one's pretty new to me.

Rhod Gilbert's Best Bits - edited down versions of Rhod's BBC Radio Wales show. Frequent cohosts include Elis James, Lloyd Langford, and Chris Corcoran. It's very silly, but if you like Rhod (or the others) you'll like it. Largely pointless.

Robin and Josie's Book Shambles and Utter Shambles - not always entirely comedy, but still good guardian readery stuff. I usually only listen to these when I particularly like the guests, but yeah.

The Adam Buxton Podcast - though I haven't listened to all that much of it yet, I do like it.

XFM Elis James and John Robins - Technically a radio show, but I listen to it in podcast form. I used to listen to it at a cleaning job I used to have, and then got a new job where I couldn't wear headphones and lost track of it, but with John Robins having just won the comedy award I remembered it exists, and have been bingeing to catch up since I got back to the states. It's really good. They're adorably endearing, and funny. I like when Robins is grumpy.

Oh and with regard to the above poster's facebook group. It's genuinely really good (if you're a podcasty type of person). Do check it out!