BCG's new message board Page 5

Ah...that old chestnut 'Change'.

Only use a pc/laptop and the view is very minimal.
As in a minimal number of threads/posts displayed so I'm concerned that I might lose interest rather than having to keep scrolling to find something of curiosity.
Though my contribution to the world of comedy is also minimal so my issues would seem moot.

Thanks for keeping the site going anyway, lads.

Do moderators still exist? I can't see them listed anywhere.

*pinches self*

I'm not sure? Teary

They do indeed. They're not listed anywhere and will be more visible soon.

Quote: Mark @ 3rd August 2016, 10:32 AM

Do they still sell Polos?

The new layout will admittedly take some getting used to... but the sidebar potentially helps the text lines from not being too wide (the eyes get tired reading lines that are really long and lose their place easier... lazy eyes). Plus we get to plug our other content of course

Polo''s are available at all good stockists ;)

I find the sidebar really distracting and in the way, a full page across is more natural and as I've said elsewhere it's the only change I'm struggling with and genuinely think takes away the feeling of comaraderie of the forum.
And this is from the owner of a lazy eye.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 9th August 2016, 10:39 AM

I've said elsewhere it's the only change I'm struggling with and genuinely think takes away the feeling of comaraderie of the forum.

I'm still lurking in the forlorn hope that the "powers that be" realise they have made a big mistake, and I am not alone in this from reading posts and direct/indirect emails on the subject, and now Shandonbelle you have got me posting again ¬_¬ when I told myself "That's it, they've f**ked the site up"...........................yes, you are so right in the feeling being taken away - bland and soulless, whereas the previous was full of life and vibrant.
Even posters who say they are happy with it are not exactly enthusing with any praise.............more resigned to it.

I am sorry, but it really is a f**king shame!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"

Quote: Badge @ 8th August 2016, 1:27 PM

I like the range of emojis.

Wave

Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th August 2016, 12:00 PM

I'm still lurking in the forlorn hope that the "powers that be" realise they have made a big mistake

Changes will continue to be made over coming weeks, and feedback from users is being taken into account - indeed, some has already been acted upon. However, if you're hoping for a wholesale return to the old design, I can tell you now that it's not going to happen.

I'm still lurking in the forlorn hope that the "powers that be" realise they have made a big mistake, and I am not alone in this from reading posts and direct/indirect emails on the subject, and now Shandonbelle you have got me posting again ¬_¬ when I told myself "That's it, they've f**ked the site up"...........................yes, you are so right in the feeling being taken away - bland and soulless, whereas the previous was full of life and vibrant.
Even posters who say they are happy with it are not exactly enthusing with any praise.............more resigned to it.

I am sorry, but it really is a f**king shame!!

With quality content such as this, how will the forums survive without your presence? :P

You're stuck with the new design, but the community is still here and more will come if we continue to make this a welcome place to be.

Quote: Aaron @ 9th August 2016, 12:08 PM

Changes will continue to be made over coming weeks, and feedback from users is being taken into account - indeed, some has already been acted upon. However, if you're hoping for a wholesale return to the old design, I can tell you now that it's not going to happen.

OK, but don't come crying to me when the older boys don't want to re-join your gang.

Quote: Lee @ 9th August 2016, 12:15 PM

With quality content such as this, how will the forums survive without your presence? :P

They can bathe in the glow of your earth shattering pronouncements and prose.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"

I bland and soulless, whereas the previous was full of life and vibrant.

Ah come come now Herc, the site had gone really quiet for quite some time, maybe it needed a kick up the arse in the form of this makeover, and I actually think it's looking pretty handsome as forums go (if only they would kill the sidebar and bring back online status's ;))

Larks anyone??

I was a bit shocked when I first opened the page and found the new layout, but I actually rather like it now, and I think it's much easier to get to the last posting. Also, I don't think I say it enough, but thank you so much for this website, it's terrific.

Enough of this tomfoolery and folderol as clearly I'm on a sticky wicket as the drones accept their fate at the behest of the powers that be and at the end of the day I insist that it is not good, and I am unanimous in that.
However, I have had numerous emails asking me to at least resurrect the Punch cartoons (one even offered sex, but they lived too far away) and as I have already invested a lot of time in scanning and uploading it does seem an awful waste, so will continue them as from today.........................

"Stone me what a life"
Founder member of the "Bring back the old board" movement

Tiny thing, but wouldn't make more sense to have Active Thread button at top of the 'all' forums opening page rather than having to scroll all the way down the bottom - only really a problem on the mobile, but a pain nonetheless.
:)

Quote: Lazzard @ 11th August 2016, 10:19 AM

Tiny thing, but wouldn't make more sense to have Active Thread button at top of the 'all' forums opening page rather than having to scroll all the way down the bottom - only really a problem on the mobile, but a pain nonetheless.
:)

Aye, but there was at least one request for it to be at the bottom. In a perfect world, an "Active Threads" button at the top and bottom of each forum page. Actually, in a perfect world, there would be a "go back to work and stop wasting time here" button.