BCG's new message board Page 2

Dear BCG-team,
thanks for looking after us! This site is great and gave me lots of useful informations (some comedy related, some not) and even more good laughs over the last four years. Thanks again, keep up the good work.
About the new look: I'm usually very averse to changes of any kind so it'll take me some time to get used to it...but I'll manage.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 3rd August 2016, 9:58 AM

...and 'tis still the best site on 'tnet.

So, you don't know insanelyhugeknockers.com then?

WTF is this shit!?

Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud

I realize that ads pay to keep the site running, but on my phone so much screen real estate is taken up by headers, menu bars and ads that I can't even see the entirety of a single post's heading on the Active Threads screen, which is my usual jumping off point.

Well maybe this will finally put paid to me wasting my time on this forum because it's too much trouble trying to find the latest threads.

Why did you find it necessary to change it?

Quote: Nil Putters @ 3rd August 2016, 7:50 PM

WTF is this shit!?

Agreed!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd August 2016, 9:50 AM

Old git here.......................I don't like it. If it works why fix it - seen too many web sites ruined by "improvements"
The Active Page was much clearer with the previous for example.

"It's been designed to be a bit easier to use" So far..........nope.

"There are still a few further changes to come" Oh no.

"In the desire to make things clutter-free and faster, signatures and online statuses are no more" Shame, and doesn't seem to be any faster, or is this all to make the mobile phone users happy.

Agreed!

It is just too cumbersome. Not simple like it used to be (and had to be for us old gits).

Just to say goodbye. Made some good friends on here and enjoyed it up until now.

Quote: billwill @ 3rd August 2016, 2:31 PM

While you are about it can you put a repeat copy of the ACTIVE PAGES link at the bottom of the page?

Yes, an ACTIVE THREADS button/link on every Forum page, at the top and bottom would be helpful.

This is going to get some getting used to.:|

Somehow it just doesn't seem as intimate as it used to.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 3rd August 2016, 11:35 AM

I would give it a thumbs up icon if there was a thumbs up icon.

Is that a request? Is there a need for the likes/dislikes, up-vote/down-vote stuff?

Quote: Will Cam @ 4th August 2016, 2:38 AM

Somehow it just doesn't seem as intimate as it used to.

Yes, it does seem less "scannable". That is, in the old version, you could look at the screen and see about 12 thread titles. Now there's more white space, so we can see only about 5 thread titles at a glance, which can be disconcerting.

The only reason that websites keep changing (and not just this one) is so that the people in the "website design dept" can justify their existence. Otherwise they would have nothing to do.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd August 2016, 11:48 PM

Agreed!

Agreed!

It is just too cumbersome. Not simple like it used to be (and had to be for us old gits).

Just to say goodbye. Made some good friends on here and enjoyed it up until now.

I may well join you Chappers..................joking aside I think they have made a retrograde move. It was a good site before............................

Quote: Kenneth @ 4th August 2016, 3:49 AM

Yes, it does seem less "scannable". That is, in the old version, you could look at the screen and see about 12 thread titles. Now there's more white space, so we can see only about 5 thread titles at a glance, which can be disconcerting.

Yes!! Previous was much clearer and easy access.

Obviously we don't want anyone to leave!

Nobody likes change, but it's only been a day. Give it a week or so and you might even find things you like about it.

(But if there are particular elements you don't like or think aren't working, point them out to Mark and Aaron, and maybe they can be improved, you never know.)

I give Herc a week, he's too addicted!

The change I like the most so far: Mark`s new avatar pic.