Fleabag Page 6

opening, s01e01,
opening door,
opening )) https://twitter.com/chp13pvjs9JPGPi/status/1146667239367729153

Fleabag is going to be broadcast live from the Wyndham's Theatre on 12th September via NT Live (and will cost significantly less than tickets to the actual play!)

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/ntlout37-fleabag

Well, after a long delay, finally finished watching Series 2.
A work of genius in my opinion.
Thank God she resisted another season.
Perfect ending - asking viewer not to follow her - and that little wave.
Heartbreaking.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th August 2019, 2:00 PM

......................season.

Grrrrrr

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th August 2019, 3:18 PM

Grrrrrr

Sorry - it's the writer in me.
I'd already used the word 'series' a couple of lines before.
Angelic

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th August 2019, 3:31 PM

Sorry - it's the writer in me.
I'd already used the word 'series' a couple of lines before.
Angelic

You are forgiven My Son................... Cool Just one Hail Mary then.

Fleabag is, by all reports, knocking 'em dead at the Wyndham Theatre.

I'm not surprised: Phoebe is a spectacular writer/performer and her dark comedy has struck a chord with millions.

What does surprise me is the fact that some tickets have been changing hands at £600 a time which is, I'm told, eight times face value.

So a normal ticket costs £75? Wow! Even that seems outrageous to me but it's probably the going rate for a theatre seat in "that London".

Can normal Londoners afford that? Or are fans flying in from Beverly Hills and Monaco?

Or am I just a little out of touch with 21st-century pricing. Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 22nd August 2019, 12:27 PM

Fleabag is, by all reports, knocking 'em dead at the Wyndham Theatre.

I'm not surprised: Phoebe is a spectacular writer/performer and her dark comedy has struck a chord with millions.

What does surprise me is the fact that some tickets have been changing hands at £600 a time which is, I'm told, eight times face value.

So a normal ticket costs £75? Wow! Even that seems outrageous to me but it's probably the going rate for a theatre seat in "that London".

Can normal Londoners afford that? Or are fans flying in from Beverly Hills and Monaco?

Or am I just a little out of touch with 21st-century pricing. Laughing out loud

Considering it's only an hour long then yes, £75 is far too much. I adore Fleabag but I got a £40 odd balcony seat.

Emmys all round.
Well deserved.

Maybe I should give it another go. I watched bits and was not impressed though.

I only glimpsed a few mins from an ep last year that must have been from series one and I hated it. Self obsessed rubbish in a very jarring style, methought. It looked like was going to be a half hour monologue, it was that saturated in her character so I ditched it quickly. Astounded to hear it's been so successful, did I see an untypically bad 5mins?

I personally thought Fleabag was very good indeed but I would never say it's a "must see" TV programme when describing it to a man.

Some men will love it, some will think it's okay and others will hate it.

Women, on the other hand, will (I think) tend to love it.

Not all of them, of course - but a great many.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th September 2019, 11:39 PM

I only glimpsed a few mins from an ep last year that must have been from series one and I hated it. Self obsessed rubbish in a very jarring style, methought. It looked like was going to be a half hour monologue, it was that saturated in her character so I ditched it quickly. Astounded to hear it's been so successful, did I see an untypically bad 5mins?

I found all of Series 1 to be painful, but Series 2 a completely different beast.

Each to his own, I guess.
But I think she's a fantastic writer and Fleabag was proper telly.

Rolling eyesRolling eyesRolling eyesRolling eyes
I have only just started watching the first series of Fleabag. Why does she call herself Fleabag? And how did the story begin? Yes, I watched the second too. It's not a comedy like but it's very adult, often funny! And Phoebe Waller-Bridge is tall and very beautiful.