BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 8

I see you've all been taking hits to bring in Hazard and a Chelsea defender. Chasing points or what?

Gameweek trivia: for the third week running I bought a player who didn't start. Still, I made three other transfers and the 36pts I got was worth the -8pts outlay. The players I transferred out scored 8pts between them incidentally.

Buying Zuniga instead of Holebas by mistake paid off this week as he gained a magnificent point versus Holebas' -2. Doesn't really make up for the two occasions I had him in defence and I didn't get CS points because he hadn't played enough minutes though.

Quote: don rushmore @ 5th November 2016, 3:16 PM

Bought Callum Wilson last night. He'll play no part in today's game. My run of bad luck continues.

I also bought Callum Wilson. Great minds think alike - is what people sometimes say. But also a great mind can think like a feeble one, as this incident proves.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th November 2016, 11:14 PM

All hail our new glorious leader Splodge!

I like Splodge and it's nice to see him at the top of the table. Shame it's with those blue shitbags, though.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 7th November 2016, 3:14 PM

I'm very unhappy and vent my anger on strangers.

Console

I see you've all been taking hits to bring in Hazard and a Chelsea defender. Chasing points or what?

I did start with Hazard
But he was rubbish at first.fair play to Splodge for sticking with, as it's paid dividends

I took two hits to bring him back
I won't be making any transfers for a while

My team looks great though
if you ignore the defence, goalkeepers & subs bench

Chelsea players usually bring about a gameweek downfall for me, so I'm glad having three in paid off for once.

Nice to be top, but I can't help but feel that there's an Andy Carroll shaped hole in my attack. Deeney was supposed to be that man, but he's fallen into the 99 goals trap. Or forgotten how to play football.

Quote: don rushmore @ 7th November 2016, 5:19 PM

I'm very unhappy and I vent my anger on strangers

Console

Not strangers, Mark, just you.

Quote: Splodge @ 9th November 2016, 12:14 AM

Chelsea players usually bring about a gameweek downfall for me, so I'm glad having three in paid off for once.

Nice to be top, but I can't help but feel that there's an Andy Carroll shaped hole in my attack. Deeney was supposed to be that man, but he's fallen into the 99 goals trap. Or forgotten how to play football.

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss with Carroll or genuinely value him as a cheap forward. If you're missing a crocked striker I wouldn't expect Aguero to last for too much longer with Pep making him run around so much.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 9th November 2016, 7:42 PM

If you're missing a crocked striker I wouldn't expect Aguero to last for too much longer with Pep making him run around so much.

..and now Costa's crocked. Probably the usual 'international break' injury that miraculously disappears come the Premier restart.. hopefully.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 9th November 2016, 7:42 PM

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss with Carroll or genuinely value him as a cheap forward. If you're missing a crocked striker I wouldn't expect Aguero to last for too much longer with Pep making him run around so much.

I very nearly opted to go permanently Agueroless during my wildcard week, but he just has those games every so often that rack up the points. As you've touched upon though, Pep might make that decision a little bit easier as the season goes on.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 9th November 2016, 7:18 PM

Not strangers, Mark, just you.

Keep 'em coming, old cork.

Quote: don rushmore @ 12th November 2016, 10:12 PM

Keep 'em coming, old cork.

Old cork? Forgot you were in the RAF, Don.

I will old bean, I'll keep 'em coming. I'll keep your wife and daughter coming.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th November 2016, 9:49 AM

Old cork? Forgot you were in the RAF, Don.

I will old bean, I'll keep 'em coming. I'll keep your wife and daughter coming.

F**king hell :)

ION, I've gone absolutely mental with transfers this week, I've taken a 16-point hit for the first time in my illustrious FF career. (I don't think Godot was penalised that much after Wildcardgate.)

Hazard is now yellow-flagged too :O:O:O

You've made me feel better with my 8 pointer anyway
Even if I seem to have drafted in a bunch of crocks

And if we own up about points hits on here it will encourage others to take a hit or two anyway
So it won't be too bad relatively

I took a minus 4 - only tomorrow and Monday will tell if it was wise so to do.
I noticed that Don took a very late -8 hit.

Some very cheap player opportunities have appeared this GW - maybe that's why Anton has been so quick to make one transfer already this week?

Quote: SSTT @ 19th November 2016, 11:19 PM

I noticed that Don took a very late -8 hit.

Sold Antonio, who had a tough fixture away to Spurs. He scored of course.

2 goals and a clean sheet from Jonny Evans tonight would go down handsome.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 15th November 2016, 9:49 AM

I'll keep your wife and daughter coming.

Which daughter?

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 15th November 2016, 10:02 AM

F**king hell :)

ION, I've gone absolutely mental with transfers this week, I've taken a 16-point hit for the first time in my illustrious FF career. (I don't think Godot was penalised that much after Wildcardgate.)

Hazard is now yellow-flagged too :O:O:O

16pts? Not even close. It was -32pts. https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/28067/72/

Think you did okay in the end thanks to pulling a Liverpool cleanie and three baps off your bench, which is pretty jammy considering Liverpool have had only 2 clean sheets in 14 games and Clyne was your second sub!

Also didn't help me not getting that Callum Wilson penalty being brought down in the area by Shawcross, which is one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

Still, that's par for the course in this game.