BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 4

Quote: SSTT @ 26th August 2016, 3:37 PM

you should now be learning to use some initiative and stand on your own two feet.

Managers 'standing on their own two feet' is very much a thing of the past. Cheat sites, like Fantasy Scout, have rid the game of independent thought.

Why use your own, perhaps limited, football knowledge when you can pinch ideas from a more informed source?

Makes me sick.

Quote: don rushmore @ 27th August 2016, 12:16 AM

Managers 'standing on their own two feet' is very much a thing of the past. Cheat sites, like Fantasy Scout, have rid the game of independent thought.

Why use your own, perhaps limited, football knowledge when you can pinch ideas from a more informed source?

Makes me sick.

Totally agree.

But I'm an exception to the rule.

Tend to do about 15 hours a week thinking it through on the basis of my own extensive investigations and intuition.

Quote: SSTT @ 26th August 2016, 3:37 PM

Herc - here's a link to an FPL-based forum, within which you may find answers to questions you may have:

Fiso FPL

I am not an expert. This is my 3rd season playing the game. With all respect and friendliness, you should now be learning to use some initiative and stand on your own two feet. The game is ultra-competitive. So - it is not in any player's interest to give you any help, especially if they are involved in next week's 'Clash of the Titans' in the Herc2Herc. ;)

But.. in the dying embers of the fire of the spirit of BCG Clique bonhomie*:

I used the all-out attack chip last GW because I wanted to spread my bets with my attacking 8 players, being unsure who to choose/leave out in another formation. Last season I found it tricky to find a GW where I was sure that all front 8 would play and as such, found the chip next to useless. So this season, when I thought in GW2 that it was 'on', I acted.. but I still didn't get starts for all front 8 players. Such is life.

All the best.

*;)

Thank you STT, but although my post may have seemed to be looking for tips, it is not and I apologise if I gave that impression. Thanks for the link as well, which will need further looking into if I cannot get a simple answer elsewhere. :)

What started out as a simple question is turning, it seems, into a quest. :(

Whatever, it will all be worthwhile in the end as now, in such a short time, I have a league named after me. :D

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th August 2016, 9:58 PM

Does that make sense Herc?

To put it simply
It allows you to do a 2 - 5 - 3 formation

So what? I hear you cry?

Because it might get you more points that any other formation you may have chosen that week

I'm not saying it's a great Chip, I don't think I even used it last season
But perhaps if you only have two fit defenders & don't want to make a transfer
Play that chip.

Thank you Steve, and you are so right - "So what? I hear you cry? AND THAT is my query....................and here is my follow up email to the nice man on the FF site, which may reinforce my dilemma:-

Bench Boost & Triple Captain are virtually self-explanatory. BUT..................................

Perhaps I am being especially dense here but you have 10 players on the field with the potential of scoring a goal and or assists etc. and that situation remains the same no matter what position they are playing in, so where/how does a 2-5-3 formation make any difference?

All I need is someone to come up with a bleedin'ly obvious answer so I will then look a complete twat. :$

It's if you want to play all 8 of your attackers/midfielders
usually you always have to drop at least one
SO in theory it could give you an offensive edge

That's it
I can't think of a way to make it simpler

Having a shocker! Woop!

It's not the winning that matters.

It is taking part in the game.

Gentlemen no swearing please.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Mustn't grumble.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 27th August 2016, 2:23 PM

It's if you want to play all 8 of your attackers/midfielders
usually you always have to drop at least one
SO in theory it could give you an offensive edge

That's it
I can't think of a way to make it simpler

Er right, thanks Steve - I think the penny has dropped....................so it is like a Bench Boost but only attackers/midfielders being eligible?

That's August written off but not the title, as the mighty kipper who won the title all bar the doublegameweek fiasco that ruins the game has finally reinstated broadbean to be able to take part again instead of one ten minute log in per week. See the surge as I gun down my smuggest rivals then wave in contempt.

More nauseatingly self aggrandising bullshit posts like this please, to keep up with the past winners and Godot. Thank you, AK the people's champeen.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th August 2016, 8:46 AM

See the surge as I gun down my smuggest rivals then wave in contempt. Thank you, AK the people's champeen.

Could you speak up a bit? You're so far down the table, I can hardly hear you.

Stylee.

Bravo looks a bit nervy.

Quote: don rushmore @ 27th August 2016, 12:16 AM

Makes me sick.

I wouldn't call the Fantasy Scout a cheat site. I look at it a lot as it's much funnier than here. They always post a suggested team for each weekend, which you should scour, to make sure none of your players are in their team. They predicted a good gameweek for clean sheets this week, to my amazement. There have been two.

I support you in using your own 'limited football knowledge', Don. I see you have gone with three United and three Chelsea, and doubled up on defenders. A strategy I believe you call 'Donageddon' or 'Donleavemethisway' or something, but is commonly called 'putting all your eggs in one basket'.

I started with a suicide squad but brought in two players this week and Lukaku how it's Payet-ed off!?*

* please, don't ban me from the league for my terrible puns.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 13th September 2016, 10:17 AM

I started with a suicide squad but brought in two players this week and Lukaku how it's Payet-ed off!?*

* please, don't ban me from the league for my terrible puns.

What was your thinking for bringing in Lukaku - a player who hadn't scored in 13 games?

Please don't say he was due or Sunderland are shit at the back.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th September 2016, 1:04 AM

What was your thinking for bringing in Lukaku - a player who hadn't scored in 13 games?

Please don't say he was due or Sunderland are shit at the back.

IMHO, I rate him as one of the best strikers in the league and was surprised at that stat. The things that pursued me were that he had a decent write up from his last PL game, he scored twice for Belgium in mid-week so I thought the signs were coming for him. Plus, Everton have a decent few fixtures coming up so I thought it was worth a punt with Aguero out. There was also no stand-out alternative.

Obviously, lucky he got a hat-trick but he has that in him when he's on fire. Needed it too as the rest of my time have been mostly embarrassing.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 14th September 2016, 8:00 AM

he scored twice for Belgium in mid-week so I thought the signs were coming for him. Plus, Everton have a decent few fixtures coming up

I signed him for the same reasons.

Also, he was due and Sunderland are shit at the back.