BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 35

Congratulations to Gerry - most consistent player all year and now a two time champion (I think).

Also, well done to Anton and Godot for keeping up the chase and closing the gap/capitalising when Gerry had a little April wobble. Didn't quite get to have another Helicopter Sunday, but it was close...

Cracking Bench Boost there Don.

Bench Boost + Triple Captain = 7 points Cool

You suggested creating a cash league. I'm up for that.

Unfortunately, you and me aside, there appears to be zero interest in this.

I think the current situation is untenable.

Untenable is the right word. I'm seriously considering calling it a day. We've had the "things need to change" conversation so many times but they never do.

Even with better admin we still need, IMO, at least 10 regular posters to make the game/thread worthwhile. This season we had, at best, 5 or 6, which isn't enough.

No idea how to attract more players though. We could probably entice Steve back with a few cow pies, but beyond that I don't have a clue.

Quote: don rushmore @ 22nd May 2017, 2:24 AM

Unfortunately, you and me aside, there appears to be zero interest in this.

I said I was up for it.......................Don and God show again. :(

Well done Gerry. It was a bit closer at the end but whoever wins it deserves it. We can all grumble about decisions we did or didn't make but we don't know what ones Gerry is kicking himself about either. The pressure was really on him the past three weeks and he stood up to it.

Godot, you also responded well at the end and have had a good season.

I'm proud of my season because I changed my approach in the last few months and it paid off. I've won quite a few other mini leagues with mates I see regularly so it shall be a pleasant summer.

I'll settle for the Herc 2 Herc title and look forward to next season. Have a good summer break and I hope the Clique league survives so we can do battle again. Cool

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd May 2017, 7:06 AM

I said I was up for it.......................Don and God show again. :(

Godot's talking about a "pay to play" league, which is different to me taking over admin and offering a cash prize from my own pocket. It's the latter you originally responded to. :)

Quote: Splodge @ 21st May 2017, 11:59 PM

Congratulations to Gerry - most consistent player all year and now a two time champion (I think).

Three-time Champion :) Although nobody seems to remember my first win, it must have been just me and Dan in the league back then :)

I won't quote everyone, but thanks for all the good wishes on the win. I was made to sweat for it though, that final day was crazy. When Everton were awarded the penalty that was going to wipe out two of my clean sheets, I began to panic that I was going to get caught. I celebrated like Ketsbaia when Kane was substituted :)

Congrats to Anton and Godot for making it such an exciting end to the season (177 & 112, and 174 & 104 respectively), that was incredible scoring.

I think it was a 12-point margin at the end, meaning it was that crazy 17-pointer for Son on the Thursday that won it for me. My team-name next year will be 'Always Sonny' as a tribute to the man, I'm sure he'll be ecstatic.

Quote: don rushmore @ 22nd May 2017, 2:10 PM

Godot's talking about a "pay to play" league, which is different to me taking over admin and offering a cash prize from my own pocket. It's the latter you originally responded to. :)

Ah,
:)

Hello peeps. Watched progress from afar. Well done Gerry you cad! Magnificent mid table performance by myself. Heavy hitting towards the end I noticed. Hopefully will be more active next season.
Hugs and kisses,
Roscoff.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 22nd May 2017, 2:20 PM

I think it was a 12-point margin at the end, meaning it was that crazy 17-pointer for Son on the Thursday that won it for me. My team-name next year will be 'Always Sonny' as a tribute to the man, I'm sure he'll be ecstatic.

I might call mine 'Son of a Bilic' for similar reasons.

I didn't actually realise just how close Anton got to Gerry in the end. To do that and find space for Salomon Rondon in your team for half a season is the bigger achievement in my eyes.

Quote: Splodge @ 22nd May 2017, 5:54 PM

I didn't actually realise just how close Anton got to Gerry in the end. To do that and find space for Salomon Rondon in your team for half a season is the bigger achievement in my eyes.

Haha! 'Where Did It All Rondon!'

Three-time Champion :) Although nobody seems to remember my first win, it must have been just me and Dan in the league back then :)

It was before I joined so it didn't happen. :D Seriously, you were 962 and 710 consecutive years which is an astonishing achievement. Luckily for us, you've lost your edge a bit!

I won't quote everyone, but thanks for all the good wishes on the win. I was made to sweat for it though, that final day was crazy. When Everton were awarded the penalty that was going to wipe out two of my clean sheets, I began to panic that I was going to get caught. I celebrated like Ketsbaia when Kane was substituted :)

Did tell you it was bad practice to double up on defenders. Wouldn't have minded a personal mention since I took the time to make you a winning image, but don't stress. I did it in work time.

Congrats to Anton and Godot for making it such an exciting end to the season (177 & 112, and 174 & 104 respectively), that was incredible scoring.

Thanks. 104 without chips on the last day of the season is particularly good/lucky and only my second ever 100+ score.

Hence the 'Go on my Son'.

We each captained a different person GW37 and had Anton TC'd Kane instead of Jesus he would have won. Kane's 31points was the highest individual score of the season, yielding the highest possible points tally with the TC chip. My greatest satisfaction of the season is bringing that in after being mass ridiculed by the dogf**kers on the Scout forum for suggesting him as TC for game week 37.

The key as ever remains Sanchez. Although I was the only one who TC'd Kane, both Gerry and Anton had Kane in their team whilst I didn't have Sanchez. Add Kane's 31 to Gerry and Anton's captain points and you get 86 and 88, completely neutralising my advantage. Had Sanchez been in my team for the last 4 weeks - just in the team, not captained, I'd have finished 6 points behind Gerry. It's no-one's fault he wasn't in my team except mine.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 22nd May 2017, 7:34 AM

Well done Gerry. It was a bit closer at the end but whoever wins it deserves it. We can all grumble about decisions we did or didn't make but we don't know what ones Gerry is kicking himself about either. The pressure was really on him the past three weeks and he stood up to it.

Godot, you also responded well at the end and have had a good season.

Thanks Anton.

You had an amazing season. I'm really annoyed that I couldn't get past you, but so well played. I think you should have probably beaten Gerry on the last week, but I suspect it was your low team value that stopped you in the end.I notice you were maxed out at the bank.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 22nd May 2017, 7:34 AM

I'm proud of my season because I changed my approach in the last few months and it paid off. I've won quite a few other mini leagues with mates I see regularly so it shall be a pleasant summer.

Can you elaborate on this? I hope you don't mean just shipping Rondon.

Quote: Splodge @ 21st May 2017, 11:59 PM

Also, well done to Anton and Godot for keeping up the chase and closing the gap/capitalising when Gerry had a little April wobble. Didn't quite get to have another Helicopter Sunday, but it was close...

Thanks Splodge. You came back well. I hope my pep talk in GW35 encouraged you.

See
When I leave myself out of the mix, you get the best end to a season since last year
You're all welcome

Well done Gerry for joining me on two official victories
I hope to meet you in real life one day wink wink

To paraphrase Godot
If I'd have stayed in & made all the right transfers & picked the most sensible formations each time *& dropped Sanchez but bought him back for no reason from time to time & used all my chips at the optimum moment then I would have more points than I currently have

But today is all about Gerry,
and Godot maybe, and probably Don, Oh and Herc

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd May 2017, 11:19 PM

But today is all about Gerry,
and Godot maybe, and probably Don, Oh and Herc

Awww shucks, thank you Steve. I love you too. :$

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 22nd May 2017, 7:19 PM

Can you elaborate on this? I hope you don't mean just shipping Rondon.

It was part of it. I was taking punts too much especially with my captain choices. Although, I still did that with my TC and Jesus instead of Sanchez or Kane who would've made my season a lot better. Looking for differentials can kill you.