BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 3

Rules exactly the same as last season.

Ah here it is

I couldn't find this earlier

OK, maybe I am losing the plot;; but cannot remember there being automatic substitutions with a 1,2,3 preference on the bench......................can't believe that I went through the entire last season without noticing that or it happening to me, yet now on the very first week I get one, and one that does me no good. :S

Am I going mad? Ill

Perhaps it just happened that your best scoring sub was usually first in line so you didn't notice last season
But It definitely worked that way

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th August 2016, 8:06 AM

Ah here it is

I couldn't find this earlier

Yeah, for one fleeting, glorious moment I thought the thread had been deleted.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th August 2016, 12:06 PM

Perhaps it just happened that your best scoring sub was usually first in line so you didn't notice last season
But It definitely worked that way

Touch of the Twilight Zone? Thanks Steve :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"
Founder member of the "Bring back the old boards" movement

Just to nail it..........................I must say it makes a refreshing change to have a help page link that works and the people at the other end of it do respond promptly:-

Hi Herc,
As per the rules your highest priority substitute (your highest priority outfield substitute is the left most outfield substitute on your substitutes bench) who played will be substituted into your team for a starting player that has played 0 minutes in the Gameweek, regardless of the player's points and position, unless this breaks the formation rules. So in the example you mentioned, if you have three forwards in your starting team and one doesn't play, then whoever is the highest priority substitute, whether it is a defender or midfielder, will replace them. It is not the case that a player in a certain position is automatically replaced by one in the same position, or the one on the bench who has scored the most points that Gameweek. Your substitute with the number '1' underneath is the highest priority substitute.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Fantasy Premier League Support

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Stone me what a life"
Founder member of the "Bring back the old boards" movement

"The ICT Index is a football statistical index developed specifically to assess a player as an FPL asset. It uses match event data to generate a single score for three key areas - Influence, Creativity and Threat. These figures then combine to create an individual's ICT Index score. It condenses more than 40 match event statistics into four distinct scores. These offer a view on player performance for factors that are known to produce FPL points."

You what?

Andy Carroll update - he's still not injured yet. This is increasingly looking like a solid Fantasy Football decision.

Thirty Two points already from just two players, which is nearly as much as I got from the entire team last week Angry That's more like it!!! :D

I see Stylee used the All Out Attack, so once again I had a look at this and am still not sure what that actually is.........................or does.

What is the point (or points?) of it??
Yeah, so it allows you to do a 2 - 5 - 3 formation.....................so what?

Quote: Splodge @ 18th August 2016, 1:54 PM

Andy Carroll update - he's still not injured yet. This is increasingly looking like a solid Fantasy Football decision.

Oh, cock.

Any Friday footie this weekend?

So I'll ask again..................

The All Out Attack, so once again I had a look at this and am still not sure what that actually is.........................or does.

Where's a BCG FF expert when you want one?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th August 2016, 9:35 AM

So I'll ask again..................

The All Out Attack, so once again I had a look at this and am still not sure what that actually is.........................or does.

Where's a BCG FF expert when you want one?

Herc - here's a link to an FPL-based forum, within which you may find answers to questions you may have:

Fiso FPL

I am not an expert. This is my 3rd season playing the game. With all respect and friendliness, you should now be learning to use some initiative and stand on your own two feet. The game is ultra-competitive. So - it is not in any player's interest to give you any help, especially if they are involved in next week's 'Clash of the Titans' in the Herc2Herc. ;)

But.. in the dying embers of the fire of the spirit of BCG Clique bonhomie*:

I used the all-out attack chip last GW because I wanted to spread my bets with my attacking 8 players, being unsure who to choose/leave out in another formation. Last season I found it tricky to find a GW where I was sure that all front 8 would play and as such, found the chip next to useless. So this season, when I thought in GW2 that it was 'on', I acted.. but I still didn't get starts for all front 8 players. Such is life.

All the best.

*;)

Does that make sense Herc?

To put it simply
It allows you to do a 2 - 5 - 3 formation

So what? I hear you cry?

Because it might get you more points that any other formation you may have chosen that week

I'm not saying it's a great Chip, I don't think I even used it last season
But perhaps if you only have two fit defenders & don't want to make a transfer
Play that chip.