BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 29

Shame I didn't captain Benteke but given I had Origi in his place minutes before the deadline, I'll take it! Rolling eyes

King was a much better captain pick than Benteke, though I underestimated how shit Liverpool's backline actually is. Watching Benteke dribble into the box at 1mph made me shit my pants. Thought it was a slow-motion replay at first.

Coming a day after the Spurs Chelsea game that Pool- Palace match was hauntingly bad. Liverpool is challenging for a top four finish and their bench looked like the heats of University Challenge - kids. How can a club with so much history and money have such a thin team?

Palace are the epitome of a bunch of 9-5 jobbers under the fat controller. They gave away a potentially disastrous shot on goal with a totally unnecessary foul on Phil and then didn't f**king jump a centimetre when he curled it in. Wankers.

I would happily read all your match reports! :)

Oh cheers! Imagine me on Five Live. At least I can actually say 'penalty area' unlike Alan Green. And I'd give Pat Nevin a kick in the bollocks.

Aguero should have been punished too for dropping to his knees like the felled Bambi he is.

Pathetic.

They need to stamp this acting business out.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 28th April 2017, 12:10 PM

Aguero should have been punished too for dropping to his knees like the felled Bambi he is.

Pathetic.

They need to stamp this acting business out.

Totally agreed, it's been a big problem for quite a while. Aguero paled in comparison to Sanchez's throw-in theatrics against Leicester though!

Just bought Gabbiadini. Saints on beach so probably a mistake.

Don's totally right, we have an administrator who doesn't administrate

He'll be back in July. "Hey guys, I've set up a new league for 2017/18 ..." - before disappearing for 12 months again. Same pattern EVERY year.

It's just utterly, utterly weird.

Really fallen out of love with this.

Captained Negredo last week, did f**k all. Got rid on Friday. Goal and assist today, 11 points.

I've had one good season in 5 years.

Ditto me with Negredo although didn't captain him, AND NOW Steve has beaten me in the Head to Head and he isn't even trying.

Have to face it, I'm shit at picking a team.

Really peed off that I've only moved up 2 million places in 17 weeks.

It's just not tasteful. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i_anQ0CM7g

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th April 2017, 8:45 PM

Ditto me with Negredo although didn't captain him, AND NOW Steve has beaten me in the Head to Head and he isn't even trying.

Have to face it, I'm shit at picking a team.

Gerry and I both started the season with Negredo. To be honest I think that was the best time to own him.

Quote: don rushmore @ 29th April 2017, 3:35 AM

He'll be back in July. "Hey guys, I've set up a new league for 2017/18 ..." - before disappearing for 12 months again. Same pattern EVERY year.

It's just utterly, utterly weird.

The problem is most people are in other leagues - including Dan - that's why they don't post here.

I'm sick to the back teeth with this league and all it's problems and the bad manners and poor sportsmanship - and I'm not excluding myself from any of that.

I don't think I would bother next year if it's like this but I don't know what the answer is. With the exception of Gerry and Steve none of us knows each other in real life so I don't see it changing. If you have any ideas please chime in.

I love that no-one has mentioned the race for the title!

Double digit gains on Gerry every week except GW32 from GW29 (when Don said I wasn't gaining on him).

At the current rate I should pass him in GW39, so I'll need to rely on my TC chip and Gerry's predictability (he'll wildcard GW36 and bench boost GW37) to win. :)

Gerry's no Floyd Mayweather and he hasn't given us any fighting talk but I know for a fact he's bricking it and with no Lukaku and limited Spurs ate his Sunday lunch behind the sofa.

To be honest it's Anton I'm most worried about - his player choice has been closer to mine and he still has all of his chips so it's one a week now...

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 1st May 2017, 11:52 PM

At the current rate I should pass him in GW39, so I'll need to rely on my TC chip and Gerry's predictability, he'll wildcard GW36 and bench boost GW37 to win. :)

Fixed that for you :)

I am beginning to worry though, Anton is chipping away week-by-week. He's like a little Jack Russell nipping at my ankles: it's time to launch him into the air.

The problem is most people are in other leagues - including Dan - that's why they don't post here.

Why does that stop them posting here?

With the exception of Gerry and Steve none of us knows each other in real life

Steve and Gerry know Dan outside of the BCG I think.

I'm sick to the back teeth with this league and all its problems

I've mentioned before, one year some random bloke joined the league in April or May and finished third. Finished third! Then we had the invisible man, Percival Mash, come second. Season after that, Steve powered to victory with his Scout membership package. So, yeah, it's just one problem after another.

The game is frustrating enough. We don't need these extra issues on top of it. Dan won't do anything though cos he's too busy writing shit jokes for Church Radio.

If you have any ideas please chime in.

2 teams each and a new administrator, me. Would be happy to throw in a cash prize.

Quote: don rushmore @ 3rd May 2017, 9:26 PM

2 teams each and a new administrator, me. Would be happy to throw in a cash prize.

I'm in. :)

Seriously though I think you and Godot would make a great admin team, but how you are going to overcome this posting apathy is another matter.

Have forums lost their novelty?