BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 26

Vardy's better than Rondon, who knew?! >_<>_<

Well at least I played him as captain and not Luke, so I got summat nearly right.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 1st April 2017, 10:57 PM

Vardy's better than Rondon, who knew?! >_<>_<

Good to see you've finally got rid. I will never understand why you bought him but it doesn't matter now. Not at all annoyed about the Vardy points - they were always there for people who wanted him. No stand out captain choice this week, really, but Robertson... Arrgh! Can you stop pocketing maiden goals from defenders every week, please. And why have you even got a Hull defender?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd April 2017, 7:03 AM

Well at least I played him as captain and not Luke, so I got summat nearly right.

Similar to the question to Anton, above. Why the f**k have you got two Bournemouth defenders. TWO. I mean why? Argh! *hulks out*

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 2nd April 2017, 6:46 PM

Good to see you've finally got rid. I will never understand why you bought him but it doesn't matter now. Not at all annoyed about the Vardy points - they were always there for people who wanted him. No stand out captain choice this week, really, but Robertson... Arrgh! Can you stop pocketing maiden goals from defenders every week, please. And why have you even got a Hull defender?

He was cheap, I thought the new boss was going to do the trick after they beat Liverpool 2-0 at home and they have some decent games at home. Didn't see him being a goalscorer but as a full-back I thought he might get an assist if he was lucky. A couple of games I saw, he looked useful going forward.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 2nd April 2017, 6:46 PM

Similar to the question to Anton, above. Why the f**k have you got two Bournemouth defenders. TWO. I mean why? Argh! *hulks out*

Wha?! You should go to Specsavers. I have one (Daniels) who has scored me 6 points two weeks running. And you..........................
Pieters and Alonso this week for you - one point apiece. Week 29 Pieters one big fat f**king ZERO. Week 28 Pieters didn't play (AND at least I had the sense to leave him on the bench that week by the way) Brunt ONE.................need I go on?

Talking out of arse - Yes/No? Apology?

PS To Don - you were right. Heh, heh, heh - Gerry f**ked up this week...............not that it's going to make that much difference this late?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd April 2017, 11:44 PM

Wha?! You should go to Specsavers. I have one (Daniels) who has scored me 6 points two weeks running. And you..........................

Well, I was including your keeper as 'defender' to avoid writing: 'why the f**k have you got two non-attacking players - a keeper and a defender - from Bournemouth' - which draws the sting of anger out of the sentence with its over-precision. I assumed you'd understand what I meant.

The fact that Daniels has 'scored you 6 points two weeks running' can't be a factor in why you you bought him or Boruc as that happened after you bought them. It's a rhetorical question in any case, and is best understood as: 'I can't f**king believe you have two Bournemouth defenders considering how few clean sheets they get two weeks running when they get clean sheets' It's frustration at you hauling an unlikely 14pts from the Southampton game, that's all. Transforming into the Hulk at the end should have given you the idea that I'm not actually having a go at you.

Pieters and Alonso this week for you - one point apiece. Week 29 Pieters one big fat f**king ZERO. Week 28 Pieters didn't play (AND at least I had the sense to leave him on the bench that week by the way) Brunt ONE.................need I go on?

Talking out of arse - Yes/No? Apology?

I don't understand any of this unless you are 'asking why did I play the defenders I played considering how badly they were performing in previous weeks? I'm also not sure why you are angry and abusive again and asking for an apology.

I bought Alonso to replace Coleman. A clean sheet for Chelsea at home to Crystal Palace was highly likely. I played Pieters because I expected United to beat Albion which was also pretty likely. It's not about not having the sense to leave Pieters on the bench, I expected Leicester to score, but I just thought he was likely to get more than Brunt if there was anything going. You have to use what you've got. Haven't you ever fielded a player you didn't want to?

PS To Don - you were right. Heh, heh, heh - Gerry f**ked up this week...............not that it's going to make that much difference this late?

I don't think Gerry f**ked up, I think he was unlucky and you were lucky. I'd rather have his team than yours. Unfortunately this game is mostly about luck which is why last year's winner and two-time champion Steve is languishing at the bottom of the table 300pts off the pace. Incidentally Steve is lurking, he's posted elsewhere on the site.

I wasn't angry when I wrote that and didn't intend to be abusive or think I was (don't be so sensitive :P ) so I apologise, it's just that you seem to think you are the only one with the answers and everyone else plays it like shit when they have some other plan in their head that might not be so obvious.

If you are spending big money on star midfielders/strikers then there is not a lot left in the pot for anyone else of note - Boruc and Heaton fitted the bill with Boruc scoring 12, 2, 6 and 8 over the last month - what the f**k is wrong with that?

And I see your Jakupovic isn't exactly setting the world alight. Hull? Who the f**k are they?

Kettle - Pot?

I nearly went with Walker and Deeney - neither started so... phew! Hoping I'm learning my lesson but there's another GW coming up to ruin that illusion.

Most of my cheap defender choices are forced by expensive midfield and striker choices. I know my midfield is too expensive at the moment so they are all auditioning to stay in. Yeah, I'm looking at you Barkley ;)

You've noticed then........................how I forgot to tweak my team 'cos I was so engrossed in my mega eBay listings, and only noticed this morning. What a f**kin' twat. Angry

(Or perhaps I got away with it Whistling nnocently )

Having bad Luk this week.

Come on Wilf..

Quote: SSTT @ 5th April 2017, 3:06 PM

Come on Wilf..

The kibosh strikes again.

Our leader must be getting a bit twitchy.

F**king Chelsea. With Moses still sidelined I expected Pedro to play wingback again but they put 'Dave' there and let Pedro take up his usual attacking position. Luckily Hazard really is shit at taking penalties and he didn't get Pedro the assist. Seems fair considering I didn't get the pen for Theo Walcott's handball. Fancy having your penalty saved by Willy Caballero...

In other blue-shitbag news I hear they want to sign Alexis Sanchez. I really hope that doesn't happen. I already hate Chelsea enough and he's really impacted on my enjoyment of the game this season. Serie A is your destiny Sanchez, old son, if you can tear yourself away from the mirror long enough to read this. You'll fit in over there - it's a vain culture and they like a player who takes three hundred touches of the ball before he hits the post.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 3rd April 2017, 9:55 AM

I nearly went with Walker and Deeney - neither started so... phew! Hoping I'm learning my lesson but there's another GW coming up to ruin that illusion.

Most of my cheap defender choices are forced by expensive midfield and striker choices. I know my midfield is too expensive at the moment so they are all auditioning to stay in. Yeah, I'm looking at you Barkley ;)

Yet more from Robertson and Stephens! Well worth the 5p you paid for them. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th April 2017, 8:59 AM

You've noticed then........................how I forgot to tweak my team 'cos I was so engrossed in my mega eBay listings, and only noticed this morning. What a f**kin' twat. Angry

(Or perhaps I got away with it Whistling nnocently )

You certainly did. 13 fat points straight off your bench in a fairly low scoring week. How would you have tweaked if you'd remembered?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 6th April 2017, 6:08 PM

Yet more from Robertson and Stephens! Well worth the 5p you paid for them. Angry

Yeah, nice surprises there. Hull's clean sheet against Liverpool seems to be a red herring so I'm glad Robertson's picking up points elsewhere.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 6th April 2017, 6:46 PM

You certainly did. 13 fat points straight off your bench in a fairly low scoring week. How would you have tweaked if you'd remembered?

Would have got rid of Mane and Llorente for two. Dunno who with, whoever I thought could fluke me some points, and yes I thought it would please you that without even trying I was only 9 points behind you. :D

If it makes you feel better, am pissed off that I have dropped to a one game lead in the Herc 2 Herc.

"And finally, one late goalkeeper result just in....................
Jakupovic 1 Boruc 3 "