BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 24

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 11th March 2017, 2:46 PM

It's supposed to be. There's a history of 'rules' being utterly disregarded in the BCG league. I'm not a member of the Fantasy Football Scout site but there hasn't exactly been a rush of other members coming forward to clarify their status. I guess many of us would liked to hear if Gerry is a member or not.

I'm not a member :)

I am sad enough to knock my own spreadsheet up though to help with fixture difficulty etc, although I've rarely updated it this season...

Ashley Barnes is KEEPING THE DREAM (of fourth place) ALIVE!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 11th March 2017, 2:46 PM

There's a history of 'rules' being utterly disregarded in the BCG league.

Rules? What rules?

And who really cares? BTW That stat site mentioned looks like 4 lads on their sofa who pontificate about who they 'rate' from week-to-week. What is the big deal?

Anyway - Kane's ankle..

24 points. What the f**k do I know...............and to think I was so pleased when I cobbled that team together. :(

Quote: SSTT @ 12th March 2017, 7:34 PM

Rules? What rules?

And who really cares? BTW That stat site mentioned looks like 4 lads on their sofa who pontificate about who they 'rate' from week-to-week. What is the big deal?

Anyway - Kane's ankle..

I was ready to put Kane in for next week but saw the injury. He was able to walk off the field but will be missing for a couple of games at least, I reckon. Ruined a few plans for sure.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 12th March 2017, 8:34 PM

I was ready to put Kane in for next week but saw the injury. He was able to walk off the field but will be missing for a couple of games at least, I reckon. Ruined a few plans for sure.

It has effectively gifted Gerry the title. Kane was my principal differential. You will notice that Gerry has kept Aguero.

Quote: don rushmore @ 12th March 2017, 3:08 AM

It works, trust me. Shame though, cos whenever someone goes 70pts clear, or thereabouts, it's effectively game over.

I don't agree. Gerry got a hundred plus points in front of me in a couple of weeks - captained Lukaku when he scored 4 and I didn't have him, 21 pt haul from Alonso and two ridiculously jammy game weeks from Sanchez when he got points for handballs and penalties he shouldn't have had.

It's harder to catch leaders towards the end of the season when people tend to have the same players but Gerry's showed a bit of weakness this week. He triple captained Aguero and then kept him which indicates he wasn't going to buy Kane. He bought Antonio - who scored but hasn't had a goal in about fifteen games. Not moves I'd have made if I was leading.

Quote: don rushmore @ 12th March 2017, 3:08 AM

Problem is we have an administrator, Dan, who doesn't do any administration. Rules should be laid out clearly on page 1. Long-term absentees disqualified etc. Why we're tied to him I don't know. He doesn't even post.

I know Dan a little and he is a fantastic bloke but I think he wouldn't argue that he is an appalling admin for the clique. Not against starting afresh with proper rules. I think we need to do something as enthusiasm has dipped.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 12th March 2017, 9:41 PM

I know Dan a little and he is a fantastic bloke but I think he wouldn't argue that he is an appalling admin for the clique. Not against starting afresh with proper rules. I think we need to do something as enthusiasm has dipped.

So you and Don on the ballot paper - hmmm,, let me see now. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 12th March 2017, 9:41 PM

I don't agree. Gerry got a hundred plus points in front of me in a couple of weeks - captained Lukaku when he scored 4 and I didn't have him, 21 pt haul from Alonso and two ridiculously jammy game weeks from Sanchez when he got points for handballs and penalties he shouldn't have had.

What's any of that got to do with blocking an opponent?

I was responding to your point about it being game over. Regards blocking - who knows. We already have a number of players that are the same. I think Gerry is confident/arrogant enough to go his own way. He knew I would bring in Sané but he still got Sterling for example. I told him a few weeks back that Aguero was a poor choice but he bought him and triple captained him and has kept him for the Liverpool match. So he goes his own way. If I passed him things might change I suppose. We'll find out.

Regards blocking - who knows. We already have a number of players that are the same.

Well, exactly - and you're not closing the gap, are you?

He knew I would bring in Sané but he still got Sterling for example.

He's not blocking you at the moment because he doesn't need to, you're no threat. Get close and he will.

If I passed him things might change I suppose.

Won't happen - you're closer to 4th bottom than you are top.

Quote: don rushmore @ 14th March 2017, 2:39 AM

Well, exactly - and you're not closing the gap, are you?

Aren't I? His last three GW scores add up to 184pts. Mine add up to 197pts, so you're wrong, I am closing the gap. He got 3 points more than me GW27 by using his triple captain. He got the same points as me this week with 11 players. I did it with 7. In fact I got the highest total with the fewest number of players. You fielded 11, as did Hercules and a few others.

He's not blocking you at the moment because he doesn't need to, you're no threat. Get close and he will.

You could put Gerry on the rack and he wouldn't admit I'm a threat to him. Privately he can't believe his luck that I haven't had Sanchez for most of the season. It's the only reason he's ahead of me.

Won't happen - you're closer to 4th bottom than you are top.

I'll either catch him or I won't. I'm not going to finish fourth bottom.

Aren't I? His last three GW scores add up to 184pts. Mine add up to 197pts, so you're wrong, I am closing the gap.

The week before that he beat you 68 to 41, so no you're not closing the gap. He's actually gone further ahead.

You fielded 11

No, I didn't.

In fact I got the highest total with the fewest number of players

I beat you 44 to 38.

Quote: don rushmore @ 15th March 2017, 2:30 AM

The week before that he beat you 68 to 41, so no you're not closing the gap. He's actually gone further ahead.

You don't seem to understand what closing the gap means. It means going forward. You can't close the gap in the past. My last score where we played evenly with no chips was higher than his, so that is closing the gap.

No, I didn't.

Yes Don, you did, you fielded 11 players.

1. Jakupovic
2. Brunt
3. McAuley
4. Baines
5 Fernández
6. Barkley
7. Lallana
8. Firmino
9. Mané
10. Caroll
11. Lukaku

Do the f**king 'math' as you would say.

I beat you 44 to 38.

I didn't say you didn't. I merely pointed out that I got 'the highest total with the fewest number of players'. You need to consider the sentence as a whole to understand the meaning. It's not 'I got the highest total blah blah some words blah more words blah sentence ends.' I'm telling you my ratio of playing footballers to score was the highest. Whilst I didn't gain on Gerry I needed fewer players to get the same score, which is how you do it unless you actually want loads of West Brom and Swansea players and no Spurs, Man U, Southhampton, going forward.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 12th March 2017, 12:21 PM

I'm not a member :)

I am sad enough to knock my own spreadsheet up though to help with fixture difficulty etc, although I've rarely updated it this season...