BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 23

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th March 2017, 3:50 PM

Well Anton did well this week Whistling nnocently and Splodge has the two useless chips left, so we'll see. I'm more convinced now of your animosity towards me, hence the negativity; but I am strong, I will survive.......................

Yeah, terrible week by me. I'm going to be a bit more adventurous with transfers. I don't like losing too many points to them but sometimes you pay for not making transfers. Rondon has been a passenger for quite a while. If I transferred him out a few weeks ago (like I wanted to) then I may have lost 4 points for one week but gained loads over having a better striker over the next few. That said, I've now lost Zlatan for a few weeks, Phillips is injured and I need players in other positions.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 9th March 2017, 4:01 PM

Yeah, terrible week by me. I'm going to be a bit more adventurous with transfers. I don't like losing too many points to them but sometimes you pay for not making transfers. Rondon has been a passenger for quite a while. If I transferred him out a few weeks ago (like I wanted to) then I may have lost 4 points for one week but gained loads over having a better striker over the next few. That said, I've now lost Zlatan for a few weeks, Phillips is injured and I need players in other positions.

Well according to Godot you'll walk past me, so go for it! :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th March 2017, 4:19 PM

Well according to Godot you'll walk past me, so go for it! :)

I wouldn't want to jinx it but there's a long way to go and points can vary dramatically. I've seen a 50 point gap closed in one game!

Quote: don rushmore @ 27th August 2016, 12:16 AM

Why use your own, perhaps limited, football knowledge when you can pinch ideas from a more informed source?

I have no problem with anyone using such stats. If it levels the playing field and brings more people into the game, all well and good.

I tend to choose players on the basis of confirmation bias. I trust my own rating of a player, but the thing is, the more that I rate a player does not necessarily equate to more FPL points. I'm learning that the hard way.

You won't catch Gerry. I'm the only person with a realistic chance because I still have my wildcard, triple captain and bench boost.

You won't catch him either.

If you get close, within 50 points or whatever, he'll just copy your players.

Quote: don rushmore @ 9th March 2017, 10:33 PM

You won't catch him either.

If you get close, within 50 points or whatever, he'll just copy your players.

He can't copy all of them and so you play him at his own game and make a strategic change in yours each week? That's if you can be bothered of course. Whistling nnocently

Quote: SSTT @ 9th March 2017, 8:22 PM

I have no problem with anyone using such stats. If it levels the playing field and brings more people into the game, all well and good.

Small debate on subject here.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/03/04/dugout-discussion-man-united-vs-bournemouth/?hc_page=1#hc_comment_15153041

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th March 2017, 11:54 PM

He can't copy all of them and so you play him at his own game and make a strategic change in yours each week?

He doesn't have to copy all of them, just 5 or 6 attacking players.

Quote: don rushmore @ 11th March 2017, 2:19 AM

He doesn't have to copy all of them, just 5 or 6 attacking players.

Yes, but unless he is going to take hits he can only change one a week of course and you do the same - No/Yes?

That's if you can be bothered of course. Whistling nnocently

Quote: don rushmore @ 11th March 2017, 1:06 AM

Small debate on subject here.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/03/04/dugout-discussion-man-united-vs-bournemouth/?hc_page=1#hc_comment_15153041

That debate is just weird, especially the contribution from the owner of the Fantasy Scout site, who basically sells a package of opinion and stats that he buys in. I imagine he's quite wealthy yet he talks about it as if he's doing his members a favour.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 11th March 2017, 1:52 PM

..the owner of the Fantasy Scout site..

..is probably Don..

I thought that site was banned.

It's supposed to be. There's a history of 'rules' being utterly disregarded in the BCG league. I'm not a member of the Fantasy Football Scout site but there hasn't exactly been a rush of other members coming forward to clarify their status. I guess many of us would liked to hear if Gerry is a member or not.

Quote: SSTT @ 11th March 2017, 2:16 PM

..is probably Don..

Laughing out loud That would be an outstanding turn of events.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th March 2017, 7:07 AM

Yes, but unless he is going to take hits he can only change one a week of course and you do the same - No/Yes?

It works, trust me. Shame though, cos whenever someone goes 70pts clear, or thereabouts, it's effectively game over.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 11th March 2017, 2:20 PM

I thought that site was banned.

Asking people not to read FF Scout is a fool's errand. It's actual membership that is forbidden.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 11th March 2017, 2:46 PM

There's a history of 'rules' being utterly disregarded in the BCG league.

Problem is we have an administrator, Dan, who doesn't do any administration. Rules should be laid out clearly on page 1. Long-term absentees disqualified etc. Why we're tied to him I don't know. He doesn't even post.

Quote: don rushmore @ 12th March 2017, 3:08 AM

Problem is we have an administrator, Dan, who doesn't do any administration. Rules should be laid out clearly on page 1. Long-term absentees disqualified etc. Why we're tied to him I don't know. He doesn't even post.

Hmm, good point.