BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 17

Firstly, 30 points for Sanchez is just out of order. There's no other words for it. Thank god Clattenburg is f**king off to the MLS (rumoured in the Guardian today and tipped to me over the weekend by my one 'inside contact'). What a f**king disgrace.

Apart from the fantasy game, Sanchez is ruining the Premier League for me. I just can't stand him. Running about like a little bin man in his black gloves, shovelling balls against the post. Kite-shaped prick. And he looks like Joey from Friends. I bet he's got a mirror on every wall in his house.

Hopefully he'll get tired of the Arsenal playing style and f**k off to the Bundesliga or Serie A. Probably the latter considering he's only two feet tall. Triangular bastard.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th February 2017, 3:30 PM

Firstly, 30 points for Sanchez is just out of order. There's no other words for it. Thank god Clattenburg is f**king off to the MLS (rumoured in the Guardian today and tipped to me over the weekend by my one 'inside contact'). What a f**king disgrace.

Apart from the fantasy game, Sanchez is ruining the Premier League for me. I just can't stand him. Running about like a little bin man in his black gloves, shovelling balls against the post. Kite-shaped prick. And he looks like Joey from Friends. I bet he's got a mirror on every wall in his house.

Hopefully he'll get tired of the Arsenal playing style and f**k off to the Bundesliga or Serie A. Probably the latter considering he's only two feet tall. Triangular bastard.

:O You must get it off your chest Godot and not hold back - you'll feel a lot better for it.

Whistling nnocently

Rondon hit the bar! It's coming... Triple captaining him this week!*

* Thankfully there are no EPL games this week!

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 9th February 2017, 1:06 PM

Hiya Will *waves*

Yep, this is the BCG old school, where every perceived slight is jumped upon with a callous enthusiasm.

It's anger. At a game that is 95% based on the roll of a dice being dressed up as game of skill based on a subject we all love.

Fantasy football is a sustained effort. For such a long haul it should incorporate better gameplay. I can think of three ways the game could be improved without even trying:

1. Penalties should only score 3pts like an assist. It is after all an assisted goal and is rarely scored by the person who won it. Also it is easier to score a penalty than a goal from open play.

2. Goal scorers should get the same points for a goal regardless of where they play, with the exception of goal keepers. 4pts for a striker, 5 for a midfielder and 6 for a defender is a hang over from 4/4/2 and makes no sense with modern formations. Many teams don't play with a striker and many have wingers instead of full backs. Even a team like Tottenham or Chelsea that plays with three centre backs has scored with them so it would not be unfair to people who field defensive teams.

3. Captain's points should not double the player's bonus points. Although this appears on the surface to be one of the best parts of the game, offering an advantage to a knowledgeable player and giving a chance to catch up with a big haul, it essentially negates any structured play.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 9th February 2017, 1:06 PM

We do occasionally talk about fantasy football too, but it's far less entertaining :D

Well, we do, Gerry, you don't. You never talk about any of the moves you make, discuss strategy or outline any of your thinking behind who you pick. And never have.

Quote: don rushmore @ 7th February 2017, 8:33 PM

It's not cool because you're being guided by other people's knowledge and not your own.

If Lukaku wasn't top of last week's "most transferred players in" list, you wouldn't have signed him and wouldn't have gained his massive points.

Ergo, it wasn't your football knowledge that made you sign Lukaku, you just copied what everyone else was doing - and you've benefited hugely from it.

Doesn't sit right with me.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Anton, Don, to be honest. Although his love for Rondon can't be based on watching him play, I don't believe there was anything behind him signing Lukaku. I would have signed him too if I could have done it without a hit. I reckoned he was good for an assist and a goal. :(

And I note that you and Anton both brought Lukaku in GW4, the week he scored his hat trick. You were the only forum members to bring him in. Prior to that he hadn't scored for 13 games (something I heard during a radio commentary) which is why I didn't buy him - even against Sunderland. When I mentioned this to Anton (page 4 of this thread) he said he was surprised by the stat and unaware of it and had bought him because he'd scored twice midweek, which seems reasonable.

FWIW I've told everyone I'm not a member of any fantasy 'cheat' site and I don't think Anton is either. The person most likely to be is Gerry - he's quoted from lots of sites over the years and tweets and he gave us all the link to the fantasy scout site in the first place. I'm not saying he is, just that he's the most likely.

I think he's played very well this season - at least until very recently - Redmond and Aguero were obvious mistakes and I know that he saw me as his main competition until recently as well (whether he'd admit it or not).

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 14th February 2017, 4:53 PM

Although his love for Rondon can't be based on watching him play...

Haha! I actually saw Rondon's hat-trick on Sky Sports which seduced me but, yeah, nothing else but comments on the occasional Soccer Saturday. I would've ditched him by now but I don't want to lose points on transfers as I have to replace players that aren't going to play.

Lukaku is a player I've probably had in every season I've played the game. I'm always looking to bring him in as I rate him when he's in form but he is very choppy so I'm not afraid to ditch him either. He's one of my favourite players, we all have them. We can also have players we hate like Godot and Joey Kite-man. I think I lost one mini-league title because I refused to buy Tevez.

Yeah, hating Sanchez has cost me a ton of points and probably a first place. I hate Tevez as well.

Lukaku was a good pick and I had him earlier in the season. Can't even remember why I sold him.

I had Sanchez for 4 weeks and got 24pts out of him. Gerry's had him since the beginning apart from two weeks and has got 227pts. from him. So the moral of the story is buy Sanchez. He's been the difference. Oh and Lukaku and f**king Alonso - another prick I hate.

Okay Clattenburg is not going to the MLS. Something else is happening, but I've no idea what. I no longer care and I know you don't.

One for Don.............I know how he likes pictures.

Jesus - what a mess.

Quote: SSTT @ 18th February 2017, 5:26 PM

Jesus - what a mess.

Not commenting on my H2H post then? Whistling nnocently

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/33163/2/

:D

I think you're barking up the wrong tree with Anton, Don, to be honest.

Maybe.

My main problem with Anton is that he's a "fair weather" poster - only pops up if he's had a good week.

He should make a regular contribution to the thread, good week or bad. He's spent much of this season in mid-table, or thereabouts, and we've not had a peep out of him.

One for Don.............I know how he likes pictures.

Every time you troll me with something non-FF related, I'll quote it in your Punch thread.

Perhaps you'll stop doing it.

Quote: don rushmore @ 20th February 2017, 7:50 PM

Every time you troll me with something non-FF related, I'll quote it in your Punch thread.

Perhaps you'll stop doing it.

There you go again being a two faced twat as usual.

1 You clearly do not know what a troll is, 2 it's ironic really that you should complain when it was meant to be a comment on the lack of posts which you were commenting on here and 3 don't be so f**king childish.

Grow up! And get your facts right! Wanker.

Quote: don rushmore @ 20th February 2017, 7:50 PM

My main problem with Anton is that he's a "fair weather" poster - only pops up if he's had a good week.

Are you serious? I've gone through my posts just now and most of them are when I've had a bad/average week - mainly, as you've pointed out, because I have been mid-table. Once again, being wrongly accused of something yet you have a 'problem' with me?

I don't why you have an issue with me, but it seems to be over that Lukaku week and nothing has been mentioned before about how I post which is still a lot more than a lot of those in the Clique league.

Anyone else do this just for a bit of fun?