BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 16

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 7th February 2017, 4:15 PM

I don't get to watch many games so I base my transfers on the stats on the Transfers page. I hope that's cool.

Yeah! Daddio. Cool And that's what I do,................. or go on intuition.................as did last week..........by dropping Lukaku. Teary

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th February 2017, 4:21 PM

Yeah! Daddio. Cool And that's what I do,................. or go on intuition.................as did last week..........by dropping Lukaku. Teary

TBH, if you look at my season before Flukaka, you can tell how much I'm influenced by other sources!
Laughing out loud

Quote: don rushmore @ 6th February 2017, 10:21 PM

SO busy he can't spare 2 minutes once a week to post in a forum? Sorry, not buying it.

That was my point, although to be honest you're not in a position to criticise having gone six months straight without posting once when you led the league.

I don't like the sound of this at all. It's a bit too close to, "I look at the top overall teams and copy their players".

Just as bad as pinching ideas from FF Scout.

I'm not a member of fantasy scout or any other fantasy/cheat site. I don't have access to Opta stats. I don't even have Sky or BT.

And as Anton says I don't have many players in common with Knut. Precisely 3: Phillips Kane and Erikson. I started the season with Phillips and brought him back GW13. Knut bought him GW21. I bought Kane GW14, Knut bought him GW16. The only player he had before me was Erikson whom he brought in GW14 to my GW16. I brought him in against Hull after he had scored 30pts in the previous three games - if you think that was copying someone else I can't help you.

Quote: don rushmore @ 7th February 2017, 12:22 AM

I won't be employing Godot as a childminder again, that's for sure.

Of course your kids would have to get parole before anyone could mind them.

I don't get to watch many games so I base my transfers on the stats on the Transfers page. I hope that's cool.

It's not cool because you're being guided by other people's knowledge and not your own.

If Lukaku wasn't top of last week's "most transferred players in" list, you wouldn't have signed him and wouldn't have gained his massive points.

Ergo, it wasn't your football knowledge that made you sign Lukaku, you just copied what everyone else was doing - and you've benefited hugely from it.

Doesn't sit right with me.

you're not in a position to criticise having gone six months straight without posting once when you led the league.

I don't expect people to post if they're ill.

Quote: don rushmore @ 7th February 2017, 8:33 PM

It's not cool because you're being guided by other people's knowledge and not your own.

If Lukaku wasn't top of last week's "most transferred players in" list, you wouldn't have signed him and wouldn't have gained his massive points.

Ergo, it wasn't your football knowledge that made you sign Lukaku, you just copied what everyone else was doing - and you've benefited hugely from it.

I can see where you are coming from BUT.........................

First off I can't remember Lukaku being top of that list then (when I dropped him as it happens Angry ) and secondly the transfer in and transfer out regularly contradict each other so it's still down to intuition as to which of some half dozen players you go for.

You cannot do this without being influenced by something or somebody, not unless you lock yourself away and not read, listen or watch the media. Then what? Make up a team of players because you like the sound of their names? Or go to every football game in the Prem.?

No, as soon as you watch say Match of the Day or read some pundit you are being guided and as for following some "Scout" I have made my point clear on that previous...........................(not that anyone read or commented on it) :(

Quote: don rushmore @ 7th February 2017, 8:33 PM

Doesn't sit right with me.

OK, so first of all, I never look at the most transferred in/out list and Lukaku has been off form of late but I looked at his fixtures and I wanted to get rid of Giroud so went with my own gut instinct. So you've misjudged me on that. I've had Lukaku many times before and btw it was a massive surprise that he got so many points. No one would've seen it coming. A goal maybe, but not four and an assist plus bonus points. I would've triple captained him otherwise! :)

I was talking about the points stats that are staring everyone in the face when you go into the Transfers page. You can't miss them on the right hand side.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone using the game's site for making changes. We are playing a stats based game and it seems like you're saying don't look at the game's own stats? I don't use opta or FF Scout. Also not everyone can watch the games or the highlights to figure out who is setting up goals etc. I look at the site's match results every week and see who has been credited with assists etc. Is that also deemed bad? How am I supposed to know otherwise?

Lukaku - it was a massive surprise that he got so many points. No one would've seen it coming. A goal maybe, but not four and an assist plus bonus points

He didn't get an assist.

I'll reply to the rest later on.

Gameweek 25.

https://youtu.be/r3BO6GP9NMY?t=2m40s

Lukaku has been off form of late

3 goals in 6 games before last weekend. Could be better but hardly "off form".

We are playing a stats based game and it seems like you're saying don't look at the game's own stats?

It's OK to look at those stats, as long as you're watching games as well. But playing FF without watching games, and basing most of your moves on stats that someone else has provided for you, that's not right IMO.

You're reaping the benefits of somebody else's work without putting in any hard graft yourself.

I look at the site's match results every week and see who has been credited with assists etc. Is that also deemed bad? How am I supposed to know otherwise?

Watch games or a few minutes of highlights each week. Or perhaps you work for the same Indonesian sweat shop as Gerry, and they don't give you any time off?

First off I can't remember Lukaku being top of that list

Lukaku was there or thereabouts. He doesn't have any blank GWs coming up. It's the main reason so many brought him in.

Also not everyone can watch the games or the highlights to figure out who is setting up goals etc

Horse shit - I doubt anyone is so busy, or doesn't have the resources, that they can't watch, bare minimum, a 10 minute highlights package each week. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ 9th February 2017, 12:06 AM

Horse shit - I doubt anyone is so busy, or doesn't have the resources, that they can't watch, bare minimum, a 10 minute highlights package each week. :)

And so you completely ignore the main point in my last post that as soon as you watch/listen/read a pundit or commentator you are influenced by their opinion as to who is playing good/bad.

Make your mind up, you can't have it both ways.

Quote: Will Cam @ 6th February 2017, 10:56 PM

This thread is like BCG past with all the old sweats like Contains nuts, Taxi, Gerry, Don to name a few.

Hiya Will *waves*

Yep, this is the BCG old school, where every perceived slight is jumped upon with a callous enthusiasm. We do occasionally talk about fantasy football too, but it's far less entertaining :D

I play the game that's on the site. I play it with friends and work colleagues some of who read the shit out of stats and FF Scout and watch games and they still are doing shit. It's all about predicting. If it was as easy as just looking at stats then we'd all be winning millions from betting. I never thought bad of anyone who used such things, you play how you feel fit and we'll play how we want to. I play for fun and there's nothing less fun than being told you are doing something wrong when you're not.

I don't use Opta stats or FF Scout. And buying Rondon (who has been shit) and Lukaku who I didn't look at a single stat for (hence, not even knowing his form) shows I am pretty hit and miss.

So much for Jesus being my Saviour :(