BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 15

"Hallelujah" :D

I'm a bit dizzy with Lukaku luck this week. I'll know I'll probably fall away as the trend of this season but I'm glad my decision to buy and captain him a few minutes before the deadline paid off! Especially as Rondon was the backup (he did have a goal disallowed, he will come good!).

Did anyone see Barkley's goal? He celebrated before putting it in. The clown! He deserved to miss that.

It's good of you to acknowledge the luck. I wanted Lukaku but I couldn't get him without a hit and I paid a heavy price for my two midweek. To be honest though I wouldn't have captained him, so fair play. I thought he was worth a goal and maybe an assist and like you and Gerry - but not Thynne it seems - I was thinking about the upcoming blanks. (Hopefully that's not the only reason Gerry shipped Aguero) :).

Four goals and an assist from your captain is just crazy and potentially season winning/ending. I don't recall ever seeing points like that. Captained Suarez against Norwich when he got four, but a big score was expected and we were all on it. After Benteke was allowed to stroll in and bang in that header I expected Bournemouth to tighten up at the back and I think they did a bit, but are suffering without Aké. Another reason to hate Chelsea.

You've had a blinding game week aside from Lukaku though. 11pts from Valencia last game is particularly sweet. I had him earlier in the season but subsequently had to go cheap (and ugly) with Phil Jones. Missed the clean last week by five minutes and injured this. Luckily my team value has increased the last few weeks as people have been bringing in my players for a change.

I think the clique league WAS in an interesting place. We all had a lot of overlapping players and it was quite tight points-wise, with January transfers coming in and teams changing and a need to find new points scorers. Unfortunately Lukaku has put paid to all that. Gerry had the overall advantage as he was some way ahead and had his wildcard but he's now got a massive points cushion to experiment with his team. I've still got mine, as well as the important chips so I could catch you but he's now almost 100 points ahead. Gerry is very consistent and doesn't make big mistakes. He does make mistakes (Aguero) and he doesn't really gamble (Redmond perhaps being a rare exception) and he really only has one weakness - he's predictable - but is that enough to overturn a hundred point lead in thirteen games? Probably not.

Before Lukaku f**ked it all up I'd been looking at the play of Knut Hebæk, who's the number 1 ranked player in the game and has been for ten weeks. He doesn't have Lukaku right now but significantly he had him in Gameweek 4 and captained him when he scored his second career hat trick. Those 34 points propelled him from a rank of 500,000 to under 5,000. Only two people in our league had Lukaku that week - you and Don. Neither of you captained him. (I captained Mahrez! - 4pts and Gerry Sanchez - 2). In many ways perhaps he was an obvious captain choice as he was away to Sunderland. Old Knut hasn't played especially well since then - he's been consistent but what has kept him number one has been those high captaincy scores. None of those captain choices has been obscure or even a differential. He wasn't on any player before anyone else either. You've currently got a better team than him and so have I.

For me I would like to see less chance in the game and more gameplay. I'm sure a lot of players without Lukaku have deleted their teams this weekend. I've got three Tottenham players - who were unlucky. I could easily have got the same points, or enough to ameliorate the impact of Lukaku. Instead we I to suck it up. Considering the amount of time you have to put in to even play it, I think they could implement some more features to make the game more of a game and less of a raffle.

Out of interest, why did you VC Rondon and why have you stuck with him? Are his Opta stats good? Can he even score with his feet? I can understand why you brought in Barkley but not Rondon.

Great review Godot! There's still a lot of points to play for and I think the double game weeks can be just as influential. Triple captain a player who scores in both games and you're flying. The captaincy feature is the one thing that can be too influential. I used to play the Telegraph game and won my mini-league most seasons and found that game more enjoyable as you can't lose out by benching someone or captaining etc. It's taken me a while to get to grips with FPL but it's all anyone I know plays.

With Rondon it was just a gut decision after he scored that hat-trick. I saw the fixtures and his price was all I could afford and I didn't see anyone cheaper who could do a better job. West Brom have some kind fixtures coming up and I need to navigate the blank week now with 5 players who play for teams blanking and 2 players that aren't in the first team. In the last two games he's hit the post and had a goal disallowed so I think he's due a few points in the weeks ahead. Sims was another punt for low value and Ake is just bad luck as I hoped he would stay at Bournemouth or play for Chelsea.

Still lots to play for I think. Will be very hard to catch Gerry but I'm just going to focus on getting as many points as I can and not look at the other teams. It can back-fire! I also look at the top overall teams too but don't learn my lesson enough :)

Well, I'll sleep sounder knowing that when Rondon scores another hat trick you will probably be on it. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th February 2017, 3:58 PM

So there you go, someone else who doesn't understand your posts.

Oh and prior to that, hair splitting and talking out of arse.

Would you prefer I didn't post at all? Then you can have it all to yourself. :)

Okay, we've established that you're not in character, there's no 'meta' in your posts and you can't raise your game - but don't just insult people.

This isn't The Sun online, mate.

Telling someone they're talking out of their arse is just rude and has no entertainment value for other posters. And what if you had a heart attack or a stroke and those were the last words you wrote? Imagine the shame and embarrassment of your family.

I personally don't think that it's right that Gerry 'sits in the shadows, grinning' in your words. I think as the league leader he should post at least once every game week - it's just basic politeness. He's told us he's too busy this season and we have to take him at his word.

SO busy he can't spare 2 minutes once a week to post in a forum? Sorry, not buying it.

Before Lukaku f**ked it all up I'd been looking at the play of Knut Hebæk, who's the number 1 ranked player in the game and has been for ten weeks.

I don't like the sound of this at all. It's a bit too close to, "I look at the top overall teams and copy their players".

Just as bad as pinching ideas from FF Scout.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 6th February 2017, 7:05 PM

Okay, we've established that you're not in character, there's no 'meta' in your posts and you can't raise your game - but don't just insult people.

Telling someone they're talking out of their arse is just rude and has no entertainment value for other posters. And what if you had a heart attack or a stroke and those were the last words you wrote? Imagine the shame and embarrassment of your family.

Good post. Well said.

why did you VC Rondon and why have you stuck with him? Are his Opta stats good

F**kin' hell, Opta Stats! What happened to just watching games?

This is getting beyond a joke. If I used FF Scout, Opta Stats and copied Nutty McNutface (the game's number 1 player), I'd be 300 points clear by now.

This thread is like BCG past with all the old sweats like Contains nuts, Taxi, Gerry, Don to name a few.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 6th February 2017, 7:05 PM

"The one with my balls in her mouth." and that's a class post is it? What a hypocritical twat.

Quote: don rushmore @ 6th February 2017, 10:21 PM

Good post. Well said.

Go f**k yourself, you waste of space.

This thread is like BCG past with all the old sweats like Contains nuts, Taxi, Gerry, Don to name a few.

Will, my old mate - how ya doing?

"The one with my balls in her mouth." and that's a class post is it? What a hypocritical twat.

I won't be employing Godot as a childminder again, that's for sure.

Quote: don rushmore @ 7th February 2017, 12:22 AM

I won't be employing Godot as a childminder again, that's for sure.

Laughing out loud

Quote: don rushmore @ 7th February 2017, 12:22 AM

Will, my old mate - how ya doing?

I am doing very well thanks Don. It's all kicking off in this threadWave just like the good old days::D

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th February 2017, 10:42 AM

I am doing very well thanks Don. It's all kicking off in this threadWave just like the good old days::D

Who asked you to stick your pennyworth in.............you want a bit of the action too eh? :P

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 6th February 2017, 6:47 PM

Well, I'll sleep sounder knowing that when Rondon scores another hat trick you will probably be on it. :)

Ha! I don't have much choice with the blanks coming up.

Quote: don rushmore @ 6th February 2017, 10:43 PM

F**kin' hell, Opta Stats! What happened to just watching games?

This is getting beyond a joke. If I used FF Scout, Opta Stats and copied Nutty McNutface (the game's number 1 player), I'd be 300 points clear by now.

He was asking if I used Opta Stats for Rondon, which I didn't. I don't have an issue with people looking at other teams in the game we are playing. I only look at my mini-league opponents but having just checked the top team Godot has very few players that he has so I'm not sure he's benefited from it.

I don't get to watch many games so I base my transfers on the stats on the Transfers page. I hope that's cool.

Quote: Will Cam @ 6th February 2017, 10:56 PM

Hello! Yes, I only really post in here as I'm too chicken-shit to critique current comedy as I've started to meet and work with writers and producers who worked on them so gotta be nice.
Hug