BCG Fantasy Premier League 2016/17 Page 11

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 17th December 2016, 11:59 AM

Sleepy

Been sitting here looking for a bite, and now lookee here.................got meself a fish Laughing out loud

Well, not one of the super-clique, but this tiddler will do..................

Ridiculous gameweek. Everyone in the clique scoring less than the average points tally of 47 except Don. So our league is not reflective of the game overall.

Gerry getting his highest points off the bench, which is annoying, but par for the course with this game. See he made a transfer before the price rises last night. Presumably Kane for Ibrahimovic, whose price has gone up. Always worth remembering that Gerry takes this game very seriously, which makes it all the more of a shame he doesn't feel he needs to post here.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 20th December 2016, 2:29 PM

Ridiculous gameweek. Everyone in the clique scoring less than the average points tally of 47 except Don. So our league is not reflective of the game overall.

Gerry getting his highest points off the bench, which is annoying, but par for the course with this game. See he made a transfer before the price rises last night. Presumably Kane for Ibrahimovic, whose price has gone up. Always worth remembering that Gerry takes this game very seriously, which makes it all the more of a shame he doesn't feel he needs to post here.

?

Yup

I'm definitely agreeing with you this season that's it's all luck & just a lottery

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st December 2016, 10:23 AM

Yup

I'm definitely agreeing with you this season that's it's all luck & just a lottery

Nope, do not understand Godot's post at all.....................so go on then (please), explain it to me.

Why am i being quoted? just PM Godot for an explanation of a not very cryptic post if you're that bothered
I get the feeling I'm being Trolled here
No thank you

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd December 2016, 12:47 AM

Why am i being quoted? just PM Godot for an explanation of a not very cryptic post if you're that bothered
I get the feeling I'm being Trolled here
No thank you

:O Don't know why you think that. Godot is not always very forthcoming with explanations as I have found in the past and as you seem to understand what he is on about I thought it would be no problem as you seem to be one of the "elders" of the BCG FPL.

Not very cryptic? Well I have looked at that three times now and cannot see, specifically, what he means by "Everyone in the clique scoring less than the average points tally of 47 except Don." when you look at the table for Week 17.

Not asking much is it. :(

'Twas a bad gameweek to be sure. Only 2 Clique teams qualifying for the cup (Splodge + Ross).

It is a lot like roulette, with hot/cold numbers, winning sequences/alternations etc. etc. Also, like roulette, when you win it's down to skill and when you lose it's down to bad luck.

Onwards and upwards.

I wouldn't say that the Benteke (missed) penalty* was the worst I have ever seen, but it's in the top one. Shocking.

*Watford v Palace; 26.12.16.

I only turned away for five minutes over Christmas, the next thing I knew - everyone had Zlatan, my side had lost half a million in value and Theo Walcott was being put out by fire men.

Need a big eight minutes from Fraizer Campbell this week.

Quote: Splodge @ 30th December 2016, 2:41 PM

I only turned away for five minutes over Christmas, the next thing I knew - everyone had Zlatan.

And to think some idiot called him a 'big shit show-pony' earlier in the thread :)

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ 30th December 2016, 3:08 PM

And to think some idiot called him a 'big shit show-pony' earlier in the thread :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st December 2016, 11:31 AM

Nope, do not understand Godot's post at all.....................so go on then (please), explain it to me.

I had to go back and do some f**king research to understand this. The game week average was 47. Most of us didn't get above that. I posted that only Don did but it seems that I must have mistaken Don for Ross or Splodge (basically my comment was worthless). If you're concerned that I didn't reference you, it was because you scored exactly the average of 47. Technically I should have because I said everybody 'scored less', but as we've seen I wasn't really on the ball, so best to ignore what I wrote - which most of you already do.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd December 2016, 9:10 AM

Godot is not always very forthcoming with explanations as I have found in the past

Oh yeah?

*Locks door*

Following on from the confusion over the GW17 average, it occurs to me that you might have not been joking (as I assumed) when you wrote:

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 29th November 2016, 9:49 AM

I knew it! A f**king clique within a clique.

Here is the relevant image:

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th November 2016, 7:03 PM

Gameweek 13 - The Team Photo

From left to right: Anton, Kipper, Splodge, Godot.

Anton: Gameweek rank 3,778,766, man!
Kipper: It's inhuman.
Godot: F**king Brummie bastard.
Splodge: That bitch gonna die. Simple as.

The 'Team' referred to is not a clique, they are the lowest scoring players that week. Had you scored badly you would have been included. There is no 'clique within a clique', or even a clique. As far as I know Splodge is not from Queens and Anton is not a Rican. There is an 'in-joke' if you like in me portraying myself as Chuck Norris, but even this is not really an in-joke as you will find the reason in previous season's threads (people thought I looked like him).

So don't see this post as excluding and cliquey, see it as an attempt to amuse what has become a very knowing and sophisticated audience of regular posters.

Footballers, supporters and managers are notoriously gormless and slow-witted and in a sustained piece of targeted post-modern satire, many of the posters on this thread have attempted to mimic the complete lack of intelligence, intellectual curiosity and general humourlessness of the football world. They are very funny in real life, and elsewhere on the forum but here they attempt to channel the chips and pie loving simplicity of a sausage-fingered, scarf-waving, bloated 'Gooner', 'Villan' or 'Red Devil'.

In contrast, my posts are best understood as meaning the opposite of what they literally say. So if I call you a c**t, who needs to be dissolved in acid, I actually probably like you. Sometimes I'll call you a c**t and I do mean it, because although I'm still saying the opposite of what I mean - I've not changed that - I'm parodying the notion of fixed character traits.

Hope that helps.

Happy 2017 to all.

Hope everyone is well :)