Friday Night Dinner - Series 4 Page 2

I find this show slightly desperate in attempts for laughter. Not very funny at all. Shame as most of the cast have been in previously funny sitcoms.

Loved Friday's episode. Really funny with Jim's new car, lol. And the PJs scene too.

I think that this series is sublime: loads of literal 'LOL' moments for me. Mark Heap's portrayal of Jim is probably my personal favourite character.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 26th August 2016, 7:38 AM

I think that this series is sublime: loads of literal 'LOL' moments for me. Mark Heap's portrayal of Jim is probably my personal favourite character.

The black balloons at the funeral were a nice touch.

It seems to be sliding downhill, but I still have an affection for it.

This sitcom still makes me laugh and with precious few other shows doing so, I cherish it.

I keep sticking with this as I love the cast.

Just seems to be like a runaway slapstick train headed for a big wreck though . . . could be great if it just reined itself in a little on the 'silly' and just retained its original integrity.

I loved this series I thought it was really funny, I hope Friday Night Dinner is something that can go on for a long time.

One of my foibles is I am not too keen on very sweary sitcoms but have to say that I saw two episodes of this programme last night (hadn't seen it before) and I thought they were hysterically funny. It is the situational aspects - everything totally out of control - like Fawlty Towers on overdrive. Intend to watch more when they are aired.

Sorry for being out of the loop, but has it been confirmed whether Friday Night Dinner will return?

No word yet, no.