The Tim Vine Chat Show

I wasn't sure which forum to include this in but I just finished listening to the first episode of Tim Vine's new chat show on Radio 4, and it was far better than I could ever have imagined.

It did feature quite a few puns and songs as you would expect, but he is also much better at talking to the public than he used to be. Way back when he presented Whittle he could struggle a bit, but he has developed into a very good entertainer.

Quote: Nick @ 6th July 2016, 10:35 AM BST

I wasn't sure which thread to include this in but I just finished listening to the first episode of Tim Vine's new chat show on Radio 4, and it was far better than I could ever have imagined.

It did feature quite a few puns and songs as you would expect, but he is also much better at talking to the public than he used to be. Way back when he presented Whittle he could struggle a bit, but he has developed into a very good entertainer.

I have no problem at all with him as a performer, but a lot of the material was old.

Quote: Nogget @ 6th July 2016, 11:01 AM BST

I have no problem at all with him as a performer, but a lot of the material was old.

There certainly were plenty of old jokes in the opening section, but I thought the majority of the rest of the show was new stuff. I also thought that the interviews didn't rely on puns or old jokes half as much as I expected.

Listened to it this morning while walking the dog. Was very funny.*

*thats Tim, not the dog - she's a miserable bitch.

Hmm, I'd be very interested to see Tim Vine not entirely relying on puns and music (I do like Tim Vine, just in relatively small doses. I stand by the notion that puns are the highest form of comedy, even though so many people absolutely hate them). I'll have to find a way to track down the program in the US.

Now being repeated on Radio 4 at 6.30 and thoroughly enjoyed it. LOVE the silly fun, and was in hysterics with his "Metronome Song" Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Bloody missed it after putting an alarm on my phone as well. Trouble was it went off 20 minutes before it was on and then I still forgot.

Why don't you put a series link on your digi-box?

That's the first thing I do when I see something coming up I want to see/hear, even if I watch or listen to it live.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th September 2019, 8:42 PM

Bloody missed it after putting an alarm on my phone as well. Trouble was it went off 20 minutes before it was on and then I still forgot.

Of course you don't have to listen to it live. You can listen on-line at your leisure.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th September 2019, 9:12 AM

Of course you don't have to listen to it live. You can listen on-line at your leisure.

This is Chappers we are talking about here - don't confuse him. Whistling nnocently

Right! I've finally discovered this and heard an episode on Radio 4 Extra this morning at 7 o'clock. It was the Torquay one. Anyway thorougly enjoyed it and found the link to listen to all of them - eventually!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08770wq/episodes/player

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th September 2019, 9:54 AM

This is Chappers we are talking about here - don't confuse him. Whistling nnocently

See what I mean. Good man, Chappers! We'll have you posting photos on here yet. :D

Quote: Chappers @ 7th September 2021, 2:15 PM

Right! I've finally discovered this and heard an episode on Radio 4 Extra this morning at 7 o'clock. It was the Torquay one. Anyway thorougly enjoyed it and found the link to listen to all of them - eventually!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08770wq/episodes/player

Hit and miss. BIG, BIG fan of Tim, but the London one last week wasn't so good as the previous week when he was at Cromer - now that was funny.

I guess to some extent it depends what they give to him.