Top Trump Page 3

I totally disagree that it can't happen, I think he has a good chance of becoming president. We don't get here how much the home spun yanks detest this liberal PC crap that Hilary Clinton now represents. I'm not sure she believes in it that much either tbh, I think she's been taken up by the surge of feminists and liberals who want a lefty feminist as president that I hugely doubt she is. There's something about her that convinces me she's not really that radical or liberal but just loves the status she now has.

Not long ago the Clintons and Trumps were seen out a lot together in NY. They're all very rich top rank yanks who have great sway over the public the way successful types do in the states, not conviction politicians. If either of them believed what they're telling the public there is no way they'd have been such good pals. I don't think either can deliver what they're promising and their voters will be hugely let down by whichever one wins.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 27th May 2016, 8:55 PM BST

I don't think either can deliver what they're promising and their voters will be hugely let down by whichever one wins.

Without a doubt.

My best-case scenario is that Trump picks an outstanding running mate and then quits a few months into his term after he realizes that it's more fun to be a billionaire reality star than it is to be president.

Quote: DaButt @ 27th May 2016, 9:22 PM BST

Without a doubt.

My best-case scenario is that Trump picks an outstanding running mate and then quits a few months into his term after he realizes that it's more fun to be a billionaire reality star than it is to be president.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there . . . he really has no clue what he may be getting himself into.

Election is just the wedding day, but he'll have to face and endure the marriage afterwards.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th May 2016, 1:28 PM BST

Whoever wins it will be as a result of the democratic process. It's strange how people are all for democracy until it produces a result thay don't like!

What's democratic about a country where you only stand a remote chance of becoming President if you have access to millions and millions of dollars to run a campaign?

The trouble with megalomaniacs is they always have money.

In Trump's case, he is ironically spending both money and time trying to convince us he cares more about people, but his only true motivation is his own ego and achieving ultimate status and power.

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th May 2016, 10:22 PM BST

What's democratic about a country where you only stand a remote chance of becoming President if you have access to millions and millions of dollars to run a campaign?

Bernie Sanders has a net worth of $300,000 and nearly bested Hillary. I doubt Obama was in much better shape when he ran in 2008.

I think the party will tone him down a lot, put him on a crash course of statesmanship, they won't deselect him it will kill them. I think they'll smooth him down to a Boris Johnson size liability and ban the swearing. You just don't do that in international politics. I see a trained and restrained Trump being President.

The Trump-Putin relationship is a thing the world is itching to see and I just have a feeling Trump will respect Russia as a fellow goliath instead of antagonising them as many US govts have. Trump also sees the EU for what it is, an ambitious national identity destroying upstart, and will be more pro British than Clinton.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th May 2016, 10:45 AM BST

I see a trained and restrained Trump being President.

Quote: zooo @ 28th May 2016, 10:51 AM BST

Well yes but his outspokenness has thrilled as many as it's upset. If he hadn't have been so frank he wouldn't have won those votes. Those who call his supporters racist will be called unamerican traitors. It seems to have got that divided in USA now. That's what mass immigration does to a country!

About 90% of Americans are immigrants - their ancestors anyway

They all came from Europe or South America or Africa

Maybe they should all f**k off back home and leave it to the natives?!

Whatever happened to flash mobs?

I think someone needs to organise one for opening of Turnberry golf course when Trump comes over on 24th and have a load of people (hundreds) just sit on golf course wearing rabbit costumes (rabbits being our indigenous golf course 'menace').

Welcoming committee or peaceful protest? How would he know? Make great press shots though.

"Hey, what's up Trump? - you might need a higher wall, but then a lot of us were here already . . ."
Eh? Smarmy :P

Bernie Sanders looked like he might collapse at any moment, but both Clinton and Trump were talking a good game and both pumping out precisely what the crowds wanted to hear.

I can even see why people get frenzied by such sound bites now but I think Trump is starting to believe his own bullshit in thinking he is actually Santa Claus . . . and he may have wrapped the presents to give out, but he'll need to follow through and deliver though I doubt very much if he is equipped with the magic sleigh, and even if he was, it wouldn't be very long before he got stuck down a chimney.

Hillary Clinton was doing her best heavenly angel meets Jesus Christ pose last night whereas Donald Trump's pout increasingly makes him appear like a butch Larry Grayson. One senses such things could become fundamental to the evangelical vote. Anyhow, who has the NSU Ro 80 with the rotary engine? You've won.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 8th June 2016, 8:24 PM BST

Trump's pout increasingly makes him appear like a butch Larry Grayson.

:D

"Shut that door!"

:P

I TOLD you to shut the door!