Pulling - Series 1 & 2 Page 5

Did you forget Lead Balloon, Wheeler? And Supernova?

I'm gutted I missed all this, being diverted with a new script. Wheeler, you are the forum's gladiatorial equivalent of Maximus Insultimus Forumica. That's one troll and a trainee down. Good shooting. And you're right imo to stick with the current signature, it was a true classic wittered from the mouth of the archetype of all trolls. Gawd rest his soul.

The comment re: comedy-drama being neither one nor the other was a joke but it does have imo a grain of truth. All comedy has drama elements; all drama has comedy elements but up until recent times a show was designated as either drama or comedy. There was no real confusion about where a show fitted. No arguments over which department would produce it. So why the sudden need for this new label?

When a new genre is created it's because a product can't easily be defined by existing genres. So when something is not funny enough to be called (as in the past) a straight comedy or dramatic enough to be called (as in the past) a straight drama, execs created the concept of comedy-drama. Stating that it's neither one nor the other isn't (imo) necessarily a negative statement. It's my perception of the shows labelled comedy-drama that I've seen so far. It's only my perception and I am, after all, a nobody in this business so my opinion is mere opinion and unlikely to ever concern broadcasting commissioners.

Titty bang bang, Dogtown and Hyperdrive? Are you being funny?

Do you like Titty Bang Bang?

I love Tittybangbang. A comic tour de force. I laughed so hard I coughed up a kidney. It is really rather amusing. And so on...

I'm just gonna assume you're taking the piss. Hard to tell. I'm confused.

I just watched half of the latest ep of Pulling on the BBC site and I smiled quite a bit. Sorry. I blame Mark, he's the one with a link to it on the home page, that's the only reason I've even heard of it. 'Judy Finnegan doesn't carry a blade.' Classic. Never watched Hyperdrive, Tittybangbang or Lead Balloon. Tried to watch Dogtown on the web, gave up after 15mins. Dog-shitty more like.

Watch the other half brilliant stuff...

you do the math

Pulling is the best comedy on TV by an absolute mile. Great characters and razor sharp one liners. eg: oh come on, who hasn't tried to kill themselves (by the brilliant boozing sex mad Karen)

Anyone who has ever been single can obviously relate to it, even though it is from a girls persepctive, nice to see funny gilrs for a change.

Pisses on I'm not really that f***king bothered Tate ars.

Watch it you might actually like it.

And one more thing, Mitchell & Web look is dire.

'big piece of low' is right...
the whole premise is the single life and it smacks of the truth...few beers and your principles go out of your head...

the clever normal true to life writing makes it head and shoulders above anything else on tv at the moment.

'Not even with pills?'

For me it's the best thing out there at the moment. I read the earlier comments by Wheeler and couldn't believe he was talking about the same comedy that I had been watching - the 'lazy writing and phoned in performances' stuff. To me it's the opposite of that, I think that even someone who doesn't appreciate the subject matter or like that style of comedy would see that. I can understand differing points of view and people not being keen on the same tv especially when it comes to comedy but.... not having a go Wheeler, just didn't get it!!!!

Good to see there's other folk appreciating - I'm not going mad then.

Well, not alone anyway. ;)

Quote: kate Campbell @ December 14, 2006, 9:24 PM

I can understand differing points of view and people not being keen on the same tv especially when it comes to comedy but.... not having a go Wheeler, just didn't get it!!!!

What you meant to say was, you can understand differing points of view and people not being keen on the same tv especially when it comes to comedy but....not when it comes to a programme that you like. How could someone possibly dislike something that you rate?

I have been watching Pulling and have enjoyed it. Not paticularly laughing like a bugger, but my mouth veers up on the right side occasionaly. I heard on the rado that it is very sexist towards men!. What bollox. Yes all the Male charachters are wimps,but the female charachters are all fruit & nuts. Its entertaining and there is naff all else on at the mo.

Quote: charley rance @ December 15, 2006, 1:24 PM

I heard on the rado that it is very sexist towards men!. What bollox.

Glad to hear it isn't sexist. But there's more.

Quote: charley rance @ December 15, 2006, 1:24 PM

Yes all the Male charachters are wimps,but the female charachters are all fruit & nuts.

Hang on, if that's the case then it is sexist. Sexism isn't always about putting people down on the basis of gender. Portrayal of all characters of one gender in a stereotypical / all-embracing manner (whether it puts them down or builds them up) is still sexism.

:)

Quote: Wheeler @ December 15, 2006, 11:13 AM

What you meant to say was, you can understand differing points of view and people not being keen on the same tv especially when it comes to comedy but....not when it comes to a programme that you like. How could someone possibly dislike something that you rate?

No I didn't mean to say that. I meant to say exactly what I said, which was; I didn't understand how you could call the writing lazy and performances phoned in. Don't have a problem with you disliking it at all.

I was just teasing, Kate. I really should copy Aaron and make more use of those smiley faces.

It's just an opinion at the end of the day. For instance, I don't understand the pro-Pulling comments on here...razor sharp one liners...the whole premise is the single life and it smacks of the truth...the clever normal true to life writing makes it head and shoulders above anything else on tv at the moment...

I find it hard to believe that these people are talking about the same turgid nonsense that nearly made me throw the TV out the window.

Right, I'm off to get pissed and forget that Pulling made it on to our TV screens. Pirate Sick :S Pleased Sick Angry