Pulling - Series 1 & 2 Page 16

Pulling. Image shows from L to R: Karen (Tanya Franks), Louise (Rebekah Staton), Donna (Sharon Horgan). Copyright: Silver River.

Pulling

BBC Three sitcom about three thirty-something single female flatmates, starring Sharon Horgan, Tanya Franks and Rebekah Staton

Aaron

• Tuesday 10th March 2009, 2:15pm
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,810 posts
Quote: delboyTIT @ March 10 2009, 5:13 AM GMT

Seinfeld... Really lame crap.

I don't think you'll get much support on that one!

David McCarthy

• Thursday 16th April 2009, 11:42pm [Edited]
  • Ireland
  • 1 posts

Wanted to throw my 2 cents in...I think Pulling is the best comedy I've seen since The Office. Very well written, very well acted and the casting is excellent. Paul Kaye was a great add on in the second series and I think Tanya Franks was absolutely brilliant in it. The funniest bit for me was when the police caught her in the phone box eating a curry, pissed myself when I seen that. Probably can relate to it coz im in my 30s too, and getting over the fact that your 20s are over is hard! I can relate to a bit of every character with regard to the girls, and I thinkthat's why I like it so much.
BBC Three were nuts cancel this coz theres at least 2 more series left in it. It's good to see Sharon is doing so well, and I'm sure her new stuff will be excellent. Really will miss Pulling though.

shaggy292

• Thursday 16th April 2009, 11:46pm
  • London, England
  • 1,736 posts

Welcome David!

(Watch the spelling and grammar, though!)

Balf

• Friday 17th April 2009, 12:07am
  • Scotland
  • 1,190 posts

Aaron'll come at you with tippex and a murderous glint.

Aaron

• Friday 17th April 2009, 12:30am
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,810 posts

True story.

Mark

• Saturday 16th May 2009, 6:24pm [Edited]
  • Hampshire, England
  • 2,683 posts

2009 Final Special

So the final special goes out tomorrow night (Sunday). Don't miss it - it's been picking up rave reviews (e.g. "simply brilliant: a hilarious thrill", "This one-off final episode is BRILLIANT. It exudes quality from start to finish" & "soaring, filthy, funny and, well, triumphant")... making Danny Cohen look like an even bigger muppet for cancelling it!

Here's a preview video showing that the smutty but clever dialogue, that makes the show what it is, still remains.

Personally, I can't wait!

random

• Saturday 16th May 2009, 7:43pm
  • Lincs, England
  • 1,356 posts

Looking forward to this :)

Nil Putters

• Saturday 16th May 2009, 7:55pm
  • A galaxy far, far away or, England
  • 28,690 posts

Me too. :)

Steve Sunshine

• Sunday 17th May 2009, 12:22am
  • Dagenham, England
  • 14,776 posts

I only really caught up with this show when they repeated them all recently.
I thought it was very good and I'm looking forward to the special.

Does it clash with the Lost Finale at 9.00, I bet it does.
I may have to watch it on catch up TV.

paul f

• Sunday 17th May 2009, 8:33pm
  • Portsmouth, England
  • 68 posts

Weight loss :O

random

• Monday 18th May 2009, 2:08am
  • Lincs, England
  • 1,356 posts
Quote: Mark @ May 16 2009, 2:24 PM BST

2009 Final Special

So the final special goes out tomorrow night (Sunday). Don't miss it - it's been picking up rave reviews (e.g. "simply brilliant: a hilarious thrill", "This one-off final episode is BRILLIANT. It exudes quality from start to finish" & "soaring, filthy, funny and, well, triumphant")... making Danny Cohen look like an even bigger muppet for cancelling it!

Here's a preview video showing that the smutty but clever dialogue, that makes the show what it is, still remains.

Personally, I can't wait!

What can I say... disappointed... very disappointed :(

Could of been good had it been funny, had a wee few moments but...

Oh well.

Maurice Minor

• Monday 18th May 2009, 2:57am
  • England
  • 478 posts

Oh I liked it - all the old ingredients were there. I wish it was the start of a new series; they squeezed a lot into this. I know they wanted another series and I think they took all their good ideas and maybe overstuffed this a bit. COuld have done with more development of the new relationships, but it was good.

"He's in a coma. Not moving. They don't think he'll wake up."
"God. I wonder if they've tried.. oh they probably have..." :)

Renegade Carpark

• Monday 18th May 2009, 3:10am
  • England
  • 11,291 posts

I thought it was brilliant and I laughed out loud a few times, can't say that about many British sitcoms lately.

The whole scene in the nightclub was cringeworth-ily superb.

Thumbs up.

Nil Putters

• Monday 18th May 2009, 3:11am
  • A galaxy far, far away or, England
  • 28,690 posts

Yeah, I really enjoyed it. It had some great lines, none of which I can remember. :$

Kaye is brilliant as Billy, he really looked down and out at the beginning.

Bad dog

• Monday 18th May 2009, 3:14am
  • England
  • 1,235 posts

It was disappointing. Spent time telling us things we already knew about the characters and then contrived a non-ending, in order to leave it open for a follow-up. zzzzzzzzzzz