Favourite comedy films Page 7

Dumb and Dumber used to be great. Though last time I saw it I thought it was a bit childish. Your taste changes, I suppose.

Bill Murry is good - like in Groundhog Day and What About Bob?

The Man Who Knew Too Little is fantastic! Bill's great in that and so is Richard Wilson.

Love Bill Murray but didn't like TMWKTL.

Love the whole SNL style gang from that time, Murray, Ackroyd, Murphy, Martin, Bulushi, Candy, err? Who am I forgetting?

Quote: Leevil @ May 25, 2007, 1:22 PM

Love the whole SNL style gang from that time, Murray, Ackroyd, Murphy, Martin, Bulushi, Candy, err? Who am I forgetting?

Gilda Radner, Chevy Chase.

Fav Comedy Films - Life Of Brian, Spinal Tap, Big Lebowski.

lol

my email/msn is thebigleebowski@hotmail.com

uninteresting fact.

Chevy Chase is all right, I suppose, maybe even a bit better.

I love most films with these actors in:
Will Ferrell
Ben Stiller
Owen Wilson (apart from shanghai thingies)
Vince Vaughn

Anchorman
zoolander
wedding crashers
etc
although i thought that night at the meuseam wasn't very good.

Skim read this from the start but didn't seem to notice Blazing Saddles

Also:
Shirley Valentine
The Likely Lads Movie
Spinal Tap (but you might have needed to be in a band to fully appreciate it)
The Goodbye Girl

Quote: Leevil @ May 25, 2007, 1:22 PM

What does SNL mean? I always thought these guys had the same style, but I can't really put my finger on it.

Saturday Night Live (SNL) is a long running comedy show in the US. It's famous for making some of the biggest stars. It scouts the comedy clubs and makes them big names.

It's on ITV4 in the early hours sometimes, but I think it's rubbish! But it still produces big stars.

Is it still on?

The English version appeared at a good time but then fizzled out - unfortunately.

And watch out Lee - I'm coming up behind you.

Ooo err..

Yeah it's still on, but the one on ITV4 is months behind. It's really disappointing, it feels rushed and just unfunny.

What time and day?

It's the lip stick and the wig that does it.

Sunday 12:45AM ITV4

Oh yeah and it's presented by a guest host every week.

This week: Peyton Manning, whoever that is?

I can't believe no one has mentioned THE funniest film of all time yet, c'mon guys you all know it's Napoleon Dynamite.
1st time I saw it, I thought it was ok, but then I watched it again, i'ts one of those films where you'll be rewarded with repeat viewings.
Everything in the film is brilliant, Kip at Rex Kwon-Do, Pedro 'building' a cake, Uncle Rico' steak throwing, even Napoleon's mannerisms are hilarious.
It's a genius film as far as I'm concerned.
I think Austin Powers 2 is a close second favourite.
The Dr. Evil/Jerry Springer scene is a clasic.

What have you done Leevil?

I was beginning to fancy you like that.

:$