Favourite comedy films Page 11

I've Just Come Back From Manchester Comic Con ..

And I Met Some Of The Cast From The Police Academy Films.

I Just Love These Films My Favourite Ones Are The First 4 .

Does Anyone Else Like These Films?.

Im Going To Watch The First One Tonight.:)

The first one had an eighties charm but I sort of lost track after that. Although I've always liked Steve Gutenberg.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 22nd December 2016, 6:24 PM

I'm a sucker for goofball comedy.

Kingpin
Happy Gilmore
Dumb & Dumber
Me, Myself & Irene
There's Something About Mary
Meet The Parents

Haven't seen the top two but am a big Jim Carey fan and like most of his films, The Cable Guy is probably my favourite, some of the others are OTT goofball. Like most Jerry Lewis films although in some he overdid the goofball, and I like most Chevvy Chase and Bill Murray films for being mildly goofball so Caddyshack with them both in plus Rodney Dangerfield is a favourite. I'll throw in the superb one off Napoleon Dynamite.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 2nd June 2019, 7:22 PM

Haven't seen the top two but am a big Jim Carey fan and like most of his films, The Cable Guy is probably my favourite, some of the others are OTT goofball. Like most Jerry Lewis films although in some he overdid the goofball, and I like most Chevvy Chase and Bill Murray films for being mildly goofball so Caddyshack with them both in plus Rodney Dangerfield is a favourite. I'll throw in the superb one off Napoleon Dynamite.

That is uncanny because I saw this thread this morning and thought to myself I'll post later about Cable Guy because I watched it again a few weeks ago and it's one of Carrey's best films and he said himself it's one of his favourites. It's not his usual style and has a much darker tone at times but it still has some very funny moments. The characters are developed a lot more compared to his other films.

Kingpin is well worth a watch and Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray are unbelievably funny in it. Happy Gilmore is my favourite Adam Sandler film and has a lot of laugh out loud moments thanks largely to Carl Weathers.

Quote: george roper @ 1st June 2019, 9:00 PM

I've had the boxset for years but still haven't seen them all. I love the first one and the sequal and the one where they go to Miami but don't think I've seen the others. I should give them a go as I like the Police Academy humour so am sure they would be worth a watch. I was given a Betamax player when I was 8 or 9 and I had just one Betamax tape with Police Academy on it recorded from the TV. It never occurred to me at that age I could buy more tapes so I watched Police Academy over and over again until I knew the script inside out. The film was a bit risque for someone my age but it didn't do me any harm Whistling nnocently

Who did you meet from the cast? Was Marion Ramsey who played Hooks there? She was bizarrely in a Snooker trick shot video called Playing For Laughs with John Virgo in 1993 where she was a guest who had to try and complete a trick shot. She was in police uniform and said her trademark line with her gun drawn "DON'T MOVE DIRT BAG!" :D

Quote: george roper @ 1st June 2019, 9:00 PM

Welcome back George. Not heard from you for a while. Incidentally did you really mean to put your address on here?

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd June 2019, 9:19 PM

did you really mean to put your address on here?

I don't think "our" George Roper will be receiving much hate mail or many unwelcome visitors at the address given.

The address he gives is that of a different George Roper - and his wife Mildred.

Coincidentally, the two of them have starred in what is some people's favourite comedy film! ;)

Isn't It Romantic is my favorite movie in 2019.

In terms of more recent comedy films I'd hard pressed to think of anything funnier or weirder than The Lobster. The Killing of a Sacred Deer also has some diabolically funny moments to. "Yorgos" Lanthimos is a bonkers genius,

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 2nd June 2019, 9:12 PM

I've had the boxset for years but still haven't seen them all. I love the first one and the sequal and the one where they go to Miami but don't think I've seen the others. I should give them a go as I like the Police Academy humour so am sure they would be worth a watch. I was given a Betamax player when I was 8 or 9 and I had just one Betamax tape with Police Academy on it recorded from the TV. It never occurred to me at that age I could buy more tapes so I watched Police Academy over and over again until I knew the script inside out. The film was a bit risque for someone my age but it didn't do me any harm Whistling nnocently

Who did you meet from the cast? Was Marion Ramsey who played Hooks there? She was bizarrely in a Snooker trick shot video called Playing For Laughs with John Virgo in 1993 where she was a guest who had to try and complete a trick shot. She was in police uniform and said her trademark line with her gun drawn "DON'T MOVE DIRT BAG!" :D

yeah i met all of them including marion ramsey she is lovely . so is leslie easterbrook and michael winslow was very nice to, the only one was abit funny was steve guttenberg , he wore rubber gloves when he was meeting people. but he was fine with me.

Quote: Aaron @ 22nd August 2006, 12:42 AM

I really didn't like Spinal Tap. Fairly entertaining, but not funny.

So, here's me again idly looking at and reviving old threads (I must take up knitting again, instead of wasting my time on here) and.........................My Goodness.............

Aaron and I are of one concord re Spinal Tap. YES, don't understand what all the fuss is about. Watched it once - never again. I read and hear rave reviews but to me it's just Emperor's new clothes.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th September 2019, 12:31 PM

So, here's me again idly looking at and reviving old threads (I must take up knitting again, instead of wasting my time on here) and.........................My Goodness.............

Aaron and I are of one concord re Spinal Tap. YES, don't understand what all the fuss is about. Watched it once - never again. I read and hear rave reviews but to me it's just Emperor's new clothes.

I think it's mainly if you like or don't like rock music.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th September 2019, 11:03 PM

I think it's mainly if you like or don't like rock music.

Nope, I do and it's a crap film.

I've been thinking about the Cannon And Ball film The Boys In Blue even though I've not seen it for over 30 years so am going to order it from Amazon for a 90 minute dollop of nostalgia pie. I worshipped Cannon And Ball in the 80s.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 24th September 2019, 11:41 PM

I've been thinking about the Cannon And Ball film The Boys In Blue even though I've not seen it for over 30 years so am going to order it from Amazon for a 90 minute dollop of nostalgia pie. I worshipped Cannon And Ball in the 80s.

Couple of years ago I bought a couple of DVDs of their TV shows, and have to say they were very good and very funny with some cracking catch-phrases that still resonate today. I often use "That'll do for me Tommy" when I'm happy with something, and Bobby cracks me up getting upset when he reckons someone in the audience had "upset him". Laughing out loud