Paul Merton - On Have I Got News For You?

What's his problem?

Whenever anyone else makes a joke (whether funny or not), he stares the opposite way to the panel, looking disinterested. It's really annoying. He's been doing it for years, but it rather annoyed me tonight.

Am I missing something viewing on the television? Is it a joke that you're only in on if you watch the recording?

Rant over.

Tony

It's just the way he is, he was like that when he was on Whose Line Is It Anyway and even on his own sketch show though I wouldn't say it was a look of disinterest, more a look of bemusement and bewilderment

Maybe - I didn't notice it on Whose Line though - I actually quite liked him in that.

Perhaps he's a fan of the great Jack Benny.

He looks bored and doesn't want to be there

Replace him immediately with Jeremy Hardy

Job done

It's noticeable how little he's on our screen, which is saying a lot for a Jeremy!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0362668/

Yes, it annoys me too. In "tonight's" case, I just don't think he liked Frankie Boyle.

Maybe he's a man of taste?

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th May 2016, 10:03 AM BST

He looks bored and doesn't want to be there

Replace him immediately with Jeremy Hardy

Job done

Can you imagine the BBC putting a regular left wing comedian on? Not to mention someone who talks a lot of sense. Won't happen, but I wish it would.

He's just reading the autocue.

He's laughed quite a lot this week! Must have read the thread...

I've been to see him in The Comedy Store Players a few times recently and he's still as sharp and witty as ever (incidentally for anyone who's not been, go, it's a great night out).

I watched that episode and he didn't look any different to his other episodes he is in.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 24th May 2016, 2:43 PM BST

I've been to see him in The Comedy Store Players a few times recently and he's still as sharp and witty as ever (incidentally for anyone who's not been, go, it's a great night out).

Totally agree.
He's so quick on his feet that you can forgive his lack of acting skills, he is after all a dead pan comedian by trade. He's superb on just a minute and improv. Casting him in the Hancock remake, unforgivable.