The Windsors.

Liked potential script as trailers were promising in this respect but is always a worry that they choose the only funny bits to get you to watch.

Also - Windsors an easy target, so wasn't keen on concept - Spitting Image got away with it way back because it was so near the knuckle and SHARP - but I feel this misses target by relying too heavily on bleeding obvious, please-in-the-name-of-writing-don't-go-there 'comedy' clichés from same think tank that makes nuns naughty to great comedy effect . . . hahaha.

I think the target audience is perhaps a tad more discerning than it is given credit for - though no doubt this will appeal to some.

I didn't see it so I can't pass judgement but I saw a preview and it seemed a bit weak. I love Harry Enfield and remember his early days as Stavros and Loadsamoney but seeing the advert with him pretending to be Prince Charles talking to William didn't seem very funny or have much potential. It wasn't close enough to be called an impression but also not zany enough to be considered a caricature. I shouldn't judge it on a snippet though so will watch the full episode.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 6th May 2016, 10:49 PM BST

I love Harry Enfield and remember his early days as Stavros and Loadsamoney but seeing the advert with him pretending to be Prince Charles talking to William didn't seem very funny or have much potential.

Harry was best in it as from what I saw was pretty much only one who didn't swear, drink or have sex, so his knighthood may be safe. As for rest - off with their heads.

I know what you mean because when a comedy tries to get laughs from the shock factor it can stand out a mile and make it look amature. I had high hopes for Newzoids because it was being marketed as a reincarnation of Spitting Image but within the first few minutes of the first episode I was put off by the swearing and vulgarity. I'm no Mary Whitehouse and don't mind profanity but I felt cheated that the show was meant to be the next Spitting Image when it wasn't anywhere near as good as that show. The writing was worlds apart.

It was mediocre at best. Nothing worth going out of your way to see. Competent. It felt like a sketch stretched and elongated to a six-part series. All rather one-dimensional with a few decent gags.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 6th May 2016, 10:32 PM BST

Liked potential script as trailers were promising in this respect but is always a worry that they choose the only funny bits to get you to watch.

Also - Windsors an easy target, so wasn't keen on concept - Spitting Image got away with it way back because it was so near the knuckle and SHARP - but I feel this misses target by relying too heavily on bleeding obvious, please-in-the-name-of-writing-don't-go-there 'comedy' clichés from same think tank that makes nuns naughty to great comedy effect . . . hahaha.

I think the target audience is perhaps a tad more discerning than it is given credit for - though no doubt this will appeal to some.

Fopdoodle - once again, you have hit the nail on the head. Mr TBN and myself sat our ever-expanding rears down in the reception room to enjoy this comedy treat, but found it to be as wet as a haddock's bathing costume.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 7th May 2016, 9:34 PM BST

Fopdoodle - once again, you have hit the nail on the head. Mr TBN and myself sat our ever-expanding rears down in the reception room to enjoy this comedy treat, but found it to be as wet as a haddock's bathing costume.

:$

From the same stable as Star Stories, which I enjoyed, but the so bad their good impressions and scattergun humour does not really translate to a sitcom format.